The Truck Thread

I knew a guy who built something like that and traveled all over for a year. He ended up a fishing guide and ski instructor in Telluride, which is a serious upgrade from an engineer in Glens Falls.

The most impressive part to me was that he got a woman to go with him, and they're still together 30 years later.

mm

I wasn't fast enough to take a picture. I just saw a pickup that said Harley Davidson on the side.

Might have been a Ford? Not sure. Looked pretty nice.

I wasn't fast enough to take a picture. I just saw a pickup that said Harley Davidson on the side.

Might have been a Ford? Not sure. Looked pretty nice.
That's a Ford Harvey Davis in edition. I don't even think they make him anymore but then maybe they do

PXL_20230728_132008440.MP.jpg

She's all truck! Here ya go, Harv. This would be the talk of North Crick rollin round in this whip.

...I never imagined you could do it solo. You also need a place to keep it when it is off. (My guess is that I'd never take it off.)

Love this piece.

Undo the clamps, get in the bed, stand up and carry it off towards the back of the truck. Set carefully on 2x4s or whatever. Reverse procedure to get it back on, more difficult since you are going uphill. Hardest part is getting it lined up on the truck box.

FYI regarding short beds -In my old tacoma I never had issue with the 5' bed, seemed to work just fine for bikes, skis, mulch, lumber, etc (with a bed extension rack). New truck (Nissan Titan) had a 5'6" short bed, somewhat more convenient. Unfortunately it got totaled a few weeks ago and I have a brand new tacoma rental - new bike does not fit! Can never go back to 5' bed!

Back