The Truck Thread

I didn't know that.

What do you think about the solid ones on a hinge?
Assuming you're talking about something similar to a Bakflip? I've never lived with that kind of system but have used it for a brief period on a road trip in a friends Tacoma, they are functional and offer decent flexibility, biggest advantage of something like that is likely the ease in removing the entire system when not in use or needing access to the full bed. At an average of $1000 it's really only another $1000 to move into a full cap, which for me was worth it to have a secondary "home" on the back of my truck but my use and intentions may be a bit different than yours. Bottom line, every solution is expensive and not without compromise.

The idea of a GFC is super cool and all but $7700 and 13 weeks lead time for what is essentially some glorified scaffolding is dare I say absurd. Bring that nonsense back to The overland craze is out of control thread :LOL:.

My first pick up , an old Ford F100 had a soft Tonneau cover. I used to Archery hunt and it was my turn to drive . My two friends hopped in but I forgot to snap the cover on the tailgate. When we got to our destination the whole cover was shredded in 2” strips for 6’ of the 8’ bed . My Arrows came out of the quiver and were strewn around and one cut my bowstring.

Go with a solid cover!

I didn't know that.

What do you think about the solid ones on a hinge?
They can be pricy. A buddy installed one recently; top of the line with matching paint. Cover alone was over $1250. Also, a hassle to remove if you need to carry anything substantial,

I have had great luck with a folding cover. Layers back in thirds, leaving 2/3 accessible. Easy to remove if you need the full bed, even fits in the extended cab section. Weathertight. Some can be secured. $500 or so.

I have had great luck with a folding cover. Layers back in thirds, leaving 2/3 accessible. Easy to remove if you need the full bed, even fits in the extended cab section. Weathertight. Some can be secured. $500 or so.

Link?

That’s not what you told me.

I understand that, based on a lift ride convo we had:

I have two trips in mind. One is to drive to Bohemia. Probably two weeks with the driving included.

The other would be a swing to ski all the Western NY areas, when Lake Erie is in.

After that, outside of day trips, I'll probably only ski with a room in hand.

Maybe I'd leave the night before to catch some northern VT pow.

That setup would be nice perfect for those two trips. But, if both of those trips happen, that would be it. Not that many days to spread out the cost. I was thinking maybe I could fake it with a mattress in the back.

Back