The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

Four birdies & two sandies Sunday.
Best round of the year with a coupla 37s for a 74.
Screwed up the 10th hole for a triple.
Won a buck on the putts with 25.
Played a scramble benefit tournament today and hit the dang lips too many times. We were only minus 6. Twas fun.
She’s finally drying out some.
Very strong round Tski well done 👍

I on the other hand played my worst rounds of the season a 44.

i sucked canal water today had a 7; when I plunked 2 straight shots in the water.

Today I couldn't find my own butt with two hands and a mirror 😵‍💫

Very strong round Tski well done 👍

I on the other hand played my worst rounds of the season a 44.

i sucked canal water today had a 7; when I plunked 2 straight shots in the water.

Today I couldn't find my own butt with two hands and a mirror 😵‍💫
Thanks Warp.
Some days are better than others. My knee is almost back to normal. Still wearing a brace playing golf. Might use it skiing.
It’s a nice time of the year for golfing.

40-40 for an 80.
There was an eagle against us on #1 and ya get 8 quota points for an eagle.
Had a birdie. Coulda been a contender.
Course us playing well with the ball bouncing a bit. Nice day to play.

Good on ya Tski ,I sucked again yesterday a 43 .5 games in a row over my average......guess it's a slump💩

Good on ya Tski ,I sucked again yesterday a 43 .5 games in a row over my average......guess it's a slump💩
Yer getting out for some fun Warp.

It’s wet again. Played in the mist 2 days in a row with an 88 from the blues and an 80 from the whites.
Good golf is easier than bad golf. Hit too many trees on the front for the 47-41 88.
The greens had dew on em in the afternoon yesterday.

True dat on all accounts Tski...yeah everything up here is still pretty Damp so ya get little roll yet but hey it beats lying in a damn hospital bed 😉

So a Norwegian from Stillwater Oklahoma wins the last two tournaments with the last one paying $18 millions for 1st.
IMG_0241.jpeg

An Oak Hill PGA driving range shot.

Meanwhile I shot a 43-39 with a snowman on a par 5 after blasting a green side sand shot into no mans land and bogeying the last 4 holes. But won the buck for low putts.

Finally a breakout 🍀after languishing all month in the low 40s , today at LB on the last day of the month had a 36 with two birdies and thrill of the day 2 hero shots

One over the pond cutting the corner plunking it on the Green for a bird ,the second a 34 footer for a second bird ⛳.But i am using the "old guy" 😉tees

Moral : just keep swinging the club , even a blind squirrel gets an occasional nut 😁

Doubled the 1st 2 holes today and ended up with a 43-41 for an 84. 1 best ball of 3 was played today.
The winners made 4 birds a row on the back and we got beat by 2. We never made a birdie.

Rode with Joe today and it’s always a treat to play with him.
Shoot Your Age
Joe Boehm
, age 96, shot a 72 from the yellow tees at Tuscarora on Aug. 25. Witnessed by Frank Lipari Sr. and Clark Hiscock.

He told he was exhausted that day before we teed off cause he just got done taking his vehicle to get the NYS inspection done.

The Guinness Book of World Records says 22 under yer age is tops.
We beat Joe’s team that day as we were playing team total quota instead of 1 best ball.
4 points for a birdie, 2 for par, 1 for bogie.
IMG_0363.jpeg

Last edited:
Back