The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

My left knee is tweaked.
It got better then I jumped down 3 feet for some stupid reason and tweaked it again. It’s getting better again.
Been taking a dang cart lately cause it’s been hot and humid and been playing a lot.

30 degrees cooler today than yesterday but our Centennial tournament got washed out as the cold front came through.
If it gets another 30 degrees cooler it’s gonna snow. ❄️
They blew the horn cause of water on the greens & we got soaked without even teeing off.
The Centennial party was really nice.
Oh no hope knee gets better,hammy doing much better today after rice and now heat I'm able to walk without the brace or cane, so maybe I'll take the week off and let it really rest.
Next time out though I'm going to have a hamstring brace on.

Fortunately I have bag o' braces from skiing :)

Oh no hope knee gets better,hammy doing much better today after rice and now heat I'm able to walk without the brace or cane, so maybe I'll take the week off and let it really rest.

Shot a suspect 78 yesterday & 1 putted the last 4 holes for pars to win the dollar.
On #7 (smallest green in the county) tugged a wedge a tad and instead of bouncing next to the pin it went into a watery sand trap.
Told the folks I was playing with I’d try a shot outta the trap but if it didn’t make it on I was just gonna mulligan toss it from the trap (bocci-like). I got the 1st effort out but it got hung up in the grass. The toss went to within a foot. EZ peazy suspect par. Beautiful day ta golf.

Run Warp Daddy, Run!

30 degrees cooler today than yesterday but our Centennial tournament got washed out as the cold front came through.
If it gets another 30 degrees cooler it’s gonna snow. ❄️
They blew the horn cause of water on the greens & we got soaked without even teeing off.
The Centennial party was really nice.
Found out yesterday they drew a bunch of team’s names outta a hat for the winners for the Centennial tourney.
We were a winner.
Never hit a shot.
I’d rather be lucky than too good.

The 94 year old described above is now 95 and shot 75 Wednesday after “moving up” recently to the gold senior tees.
He was even par (36) on the front side and shot four over (39) on the back.
He’s shot 78, 77 and a couple 76’s the last couple weeks off the golds.
22 under yer age is the world record allegedly.
He’s definitely a contender.
My friend is now 96 and shot a 74 (36-38) yesterday & with an even par on the frontside.
A four putt double bogey cost him on #11.
We both made 2 birdies.
The man’s amazing and fun to golf with.
I’ve been bringing him blueberries.

Found out yesterday they drew a bunch of team’s names outta a hat for the winners for the Centennial tourney.
We were a winner.
Never hit a shot.
I’d rather be lucky than too good.
The shaft snapped on my driver teeing off on the fourth hole yesterday in the final day of the 2 day Senior Member Guest tournament.
Partner had birdied #3 after we started off with bogeys on the first 2 holes.
Used the 3 wood and hit fairways with it till I got use of a demo Titleist 9 degree from the pro shop when we made the turn.
We made 2 more birdies on the back and ended up 2nd in our flight (the 4th) with a final day 75 after a 1st day 78.
Partner won the long drive and we didn’t get wet. 95 2-man teams played.
Twas another great coupla days of food, fun, golf, prizes.

Last edited:
The shaft snapped on my driver teeing off on the fourth hole yesterday in the final day of the 2 day Senior Member Guest tournament.
Partner had birdied #3 after we started off with bogeys on the first 2 holes.
Used the 3 wood and hit fairways with it till I got use of a demo Titleist 9 degree from the pro shop when we made the turn.
We made 2 more birdies on the back and ended up 2nd in our flight (the 4th) with a final day 75 after a 1st day 78.
Partner won the long drive and we didn’t get wet. 95 2-man teams played.
Twas another great coupla days of food, fun, golf, prizes.
How'dya like The 9° ?

How'dya like The 9° ?
I hit some decent low stingers with it and 1 snap hook. Sounded funny though but went further than the 3 wood.
Usually by August the fairways let ya get some roll but better to carry the ball higher and straight now.
My brother let me try his TaylorMade M6 set at ~11degree yesterday and it worked much better.
He bought it used and had a custom shaft put init after going on a monitor.
The one with the snapped shaft is the adjustable M3.
Might just get a new shaft for it from these folks.
Prestwick Golf
They’re good and know what they’re doing.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan especially if you like it.

When I snapped my Callaway XR 15 I replaced the shaft basically because I love the fact that the club was adjustable from 12 to 14 which is a thing as you age.

But I've also got a c
Cobra Biocell adjustable 9 to 12 so I got the waterfront covered.

Currently playing the Callaway at 13 and really like the setting.

Sounds like a plan especially if you like it.

When I snapped my Callaway XR 15 I replaced the shaft basically because I love the fact that the club was adjustable from 12 to 14 which is a thing as you age.

But I've also got a c
Cobra Biocell adjustable 9 to 12 so I got the waterfront covered.

Currently playing the Callaway at 13 and really like the setting.
Callaways are great clubs especially their drivers. The longest hitters of the old guys I play with all use em.

Back