The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

We call bay meadows the swamp.
Right on Target .!! 💯

The absolute Worst course condition I ve ever played in .

The damn thing was an obstacle course with so effing much standing casual water ,most fairways tracked out and were Soaked and the cart paths 😳 were mud bogs .

I've never seen so many roped off areas I absolutely will never play this BOG again

Tj is correct, Hiland is great. As a kid, I used to caddy at GFCC. Another lesser known course is Hartford Greens ( formerly Pole Valley) located in Hartford. My second favorite after Hiland. About 20 minutes past QCC if driving from LG. Highly recommend it.

Folks have been changing golf courses around CNY for other uses.
Cato (9 hole) went to back to farming fields. They had a ski rope tow on the 7th hole a steep downhill short par 4.
Lafayette has been shuttered for a bit and might go for houses.
Liverpool was transformed to a humungous Amazon warehouse.
Auburn recently sold for use as nature conservation preserve/art restoration display studio.
Westvale in Camillus might be sold to West Genny Skool if they get the votes.

Last edited:
Right on Target .!! 💯

The absolute Worst course condition I ve ever played in .

The damn thing was an obstacle course with so effing much standing casual water ,most fairways tracked out and were Soaked and the cart paths 😳 were mud bogs .

I've never seen so many roped off areas I absolutely will never play this BOG again
At least the greens shoulda held.

Top of The World Golf Course on the summit of Lockhart Mountain. hint expand pic and see the grandeur of The Lake George Islands
IMG_20230920_094707351_HDR.jpg

Beautiful day for golfing at Tusky.
41-38, no birds, 1 sandy.
Our team won but I still lost $5.
We weren’t gonna play greenies but there was a change when someone stiffed one or else I woulda broke even, might’ve even won a buck.
Twas fun.

Back