The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when someone tells camp a reason for something, then he just says “All I know is...” and doesn’t take into account any new information that he is given, preferring instead to just make uninformed base observations about the world around him, completely incurious as to why things are the way they are.

I guess you can go too far in the other direction, though. Americans specifically (including people in this thread), seem to have no idea about basic facts on the virus (https://fee.org/articles/americans-...zation-from-covid-19-survey-shows-here-s-why/). It probably has to do with the sensationalist media, which amplifies man-bites-dog stories (“this 20-year old DIED!”, “this long hauler STILL CAN’T SMELL”, etc.) and not the normal stories (“this dude got it, had a sore throat, then got over it”). Even today, NPR had a doctor on that said that the 60,000 cases (in a country of 350,000,000) is terrible & alarming and that everyone should hunker down, even if they are vaccinated.

I think we have to have a more positive attitude here. Every day, good news comes out about the virus (today: Pfizer’s vaccine is 100% effective for kids aged 12-15 and Pfizer & Moderna have shown that the vaccines cut both infection AND transmission) and every day I just hear doom & gloom. It’s wild.

Take a break from the news sometimes, guys. Go outside. Read a book. Fly a kite.

Note: I got my second vax shot last week you suckers so maybe I’m just feeling invincible.
When you say “Americans etc seem to have no idea....” are you putting down Americans? are you American?

I guess you can go too far in the other direction, though. Americans specifically (including people in this thread), seem to have no idea about basic facts on the virus...
I think we have to have a more positive attitude here. Every day, good news comes out about the virus...
Note: I got my second vax shot last week you suckers so maybe I’m just feeling invincible.
SARS-CoV2 sucks.

Haven't been reading this thread . . . having too much fun skiing at Taos last week.
I love this...
nothing like a fresh face slap before getting served some good info

When you say “Americans etc seem to have no idea....” are you putting down Americans? are you American?
Did you read the article I linked to? Or are you just rising to the defense of Americans(?) because you’re offended by something you read?

Did you read the article I linked to? Or are you just rising to the defense of Americans(?) because you’re offended by something you read?
I asked a simple question, as I don’t like your attitude towards Americans , not rising to anything or anyone, I don’t give a crap what article you post, after seeing you lecture people who block you I don’t care to read any article you post

Last edited:
I don’t find this place as much fun anymore.

I'm finding it more fun. I don't really get the "johnny hurt my feelings" email anymore. Also the number of members participating is higher, always a good thing. To my knowledge, only had one person quit this year with hurt feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back