The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like we (the media) concentrate on different numbers. We concentrate on the 95% effective rate of the vaccine, yet concentrate only on the 2% of death rate.
There are other serious long term side effects from Covid besides death. With the vaccine, who knows, it’s newer.

My wife was able to navigate the system for her dad (old) and herself (job qualifies). They got their first shots a week ago. I did a little research and it seems I’m going to be eligible March 1 which is still before it goes to the wider public. If they’re still having these production problems at that time I’ll have to think about what the right thing to do is. I really believe that just rushing to get as many people inoculated as possible is the right thing. The scarcity of supply complicates things.

I feel confident that in the next month or so supplies will increase dramatically

I tried navigating the system for my dad but went into it wrong. It really is like making tee times. I went in a different direction, my dad had his first shot last Saturday.

I know a woman in my horse club, who may have just turned 70, with no health issues, who got her first shot. That annoys me. There are other people who need it more, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back