The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harv, I'm really happy that you're doing better. That's great.

For Harv and Camp - and I don't mean to sound callous about this - but is there some relief now that you're toward the end? I mean, there's a lot of concern about this, but as you reach daylight do you think, "It really sucked, wish it didn't happen, but now I should be all set for a while now that I have the antibodies."

For me I'm almost glad I had it and got it over with. That might sound weird but that's how I feel. It certainly didn't effect me as bad as Harv or others I know so for that I'm grateful.

Camp you had it last spring, not recently right?

Tomorrow night I am out of prison!

What scares me it that Camp and Harvey got it. I imagine that you two are reasonably careful. Camp's wife is a nurse, but he didn't get it from her. Harvey was wearing his N-95. It's just crazy. This morning, I was thinking about the time that there was an employee at Wegmans who tested positive. Their shift started three minutes after I checked out. I guess that being in the lift line is pretty much the same gamble, except that you are outside, which is better.

Next week, I will go back to going to Cornell's supplemental testing It's free for all of their employees who work from home. I just don't want to have a commitment for the last three days of my vacation.

I continue to feel much better.

Yesterday I finally got vertical and took a shower. I started to feel dizzy and turned off the water and sat down. I called out to Zelda. Still in quarantine (until tomorrow) but I was pretty sure that lack of food was catching up to me. She made me two milkshakes and a large plate of pasta and I felt better.

For reasons I won't go into we don't really use a scale around here. But we do have one and my wife found it and left it out for me. In nine days I lost 20 lbs, I'm down to 170. I'm kind of stunned.
Brutal choice for a diet. Glad you are feeling better.

I wouldn’t drive myself crazy trying to figure it out WP. There’s a certain amount of randomness and luck to it. I am a salesman that lives in Rockland county and works in Westchester. They’ve both been at the center of this thing pretty much from the beginning. I go out and visit 6-10 retail stores 5 days a week. There’s no way I haven’t been in direct contact with lots of infected people, at least for short periods. My wife’s office isn’t very disciplined about masks and has had positive tests and she occasionally has to visit correctional facilities. It’s astounding that we have t gotten it but neither of us have. I say keep your fingers crossed and take precautions and don’t overthink it.

I'm going to agree with Broski. Do this day I can't tell you where I got it, heck maybe I did get it from my wife and she is asymptomatic. Don't know. Then there's someone like my mom who hade every single symptom of Covid, went to the hospital because she had a hard time breathing, got tested 3 times, and all came back negative. Granted her bout with this stuff was just when all of this was making the news here in the states. Her doctor is 100% convinced it was Covid regardless of what the test results were. My buddy who was in icu becasue of it said it the best, "we don't get to choose our symptoms". Heck, I rode sled, drank beer, and smoked weed the entire time I had it not knowing I had it. I thought it was just a cold.

Brutal choice for a diet.
Maybe hard to understand. The idea of eating was alien, it made me ill even thinking about it.

I stood up for the first time in days and got in the shower. I knew I was in trouble in a few minutes, I was wobbly, I needed something I could take in with a straw. The entire family is quarantined and our supplies are limited, we haven't been shopping for over a week.

She improvised and came up with a combination of ice cream, milk, banana and choc sauce. It worked. It tasted good to me and made me feel much better. I asked for another. Then we looked for something more substantial, which ended up being some fresh pasta.

Maybe we could have done better, we did the best we could.

I'm going to agree with Broski. Do this day I can't tell you where I got it, heck maybe I did get it from my wife and she is asymptomatic. Don't know. Then there's someone like my mom who hade every single symptom of Covid, went to the hospital because she had a hard time breathing, got tested 3 times, and all came back negative. Granted her bout with this stuff was just when all of this was making the news here in the states. Her doctor is 100% convinced it was Covid regardless of what the test results were. My buddy who was in icu becasue of it said it the best, "we don't get to choose our symptoms". Heck, I rode sled, drank beer, and smoked weed the entire time I had it not knowing I had it. I thought it was just a cold.
Well, there's the new treatment, then, Camp! All you have to do is market it and you'll be rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back