The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I'm not speaking too soon.

All of a sudden, I'm feeling physically MUCH better. I'm sure it's not over, but I feel like I've turned a corner. Still have zero appetite, but not a big deal, I got the surplus I need to get through.

I'm happy (and honestly stunned) that my family isn't showing symptoms. They are getting tested tomorrow. Can't wait to get out of quarantine.

Thank you for well wishes.
Glad you are feeling better!

Really hoping they don't fuck around with the schedules or doses.

I sense cracks in commitment to following vaccine protocols. How stupid are we? Time will tell.

I continue to feel much better.

Yesterday I finally got vertical and took a shower. I started to feel dizzy and turned off the water and sat down. I called out to Zelda. Still in quarantine (until tomorrow) but I was pretty sure that lack of food was catching up to me. She made me two milkshakes and a large plate of pasta and I felt better.

For reasons I won't go into we don't really use a scale around here. But we do have one and my wife found it and left it out for me. In nine days I lost 20 lbs, I'm down to 170. I'm kind of stunned.
This sounds a lot like how it effected me. I don’t know if anyone remembers but I had it last January, before we thought it was even here. Every health care person I know says that I definitely had it when I describe the signs and symptoms I had.

it was gnarly af man! I could barely move for 8 days. The pools of sweat I woke up in every morning were massive. I couldn’t taste anything or eat.

RA, I thought about you a lot during my ordeal. Your description of the shivering. My whole body was sore and moving was really tough. I'd go between shivering and sweat quickly, and have no easy way of adjusting my clothing/temp, and no one could come in and help me.

It sounds like you suffered quite a bit, maybe more than I did.

The fact that my blood 02 stayed high the whole time, helped me feel I would make it.

I found the whole thing to be very emotional too. Even the slightest criticism of how we (Zelda and I) handled it made me say "f you" under my breath.

I took a bike ride yesterday and I actually found the lack of the 20 lbs pretty amazing, climbing I felt no pressure on my knees. Every bit of push seemed to translate into forward movement, vs any pain.

RA, I thought about you a lot during my ordeal. Your description of the shivering. My whole body was sore and moving was really tough. I'd go between shivering and sweat quickly, and have no easy way of adjusting my clothing/temp, and no one could come in and help me.

It sounds like you suffered quite a bit, maybe more than I did.

Somehow, deep down, the fact that my blood 02 stayed high the whole time, helped me feel I would make it.

I found the whole thing to be very emotional too. Even the slightest criticism of how we (Zelda and I) handled it made me say "fuck you" under my breath.

I took a bike ride yesterday and I actually found the lack of the 20 lbs pretty amazing, climbing I felt no pressure on my knees. Every bit of push seemed to translate into forward movement, vs any pain.
Yup. I needed 3 hours of sleep after getting up and walking 25 feet into the kitchen to heat up soup I could barely slurp down .

The shivers and sweats......good god it was insane.

I had that post covid crap too btw, for two months after that initial 8 days I had a hard time hiking up hill and breathing, there were also all kinds of strange pain and swelling inside my core body. I’m pretty sure my heart swelled up. I couldn’t sleep on my stomach because of the discomfort against my sternum.

I never got tested but it sure wasn’t the standard flu.

This sounds a lot like how it effected me. I don’t know if anyone remembers but I had it last January, before we thought it was even here. Every health care person I know says that I definitely had it when I describe the signs and symptoms I had.

it was gnarly af man! I could barely move for 8 days. The pools of sweat I woke up in every morning were massive. I couldn’t taste anything or eat.
I remember when that was going on. You had crazy high temperature too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back