The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodged it for another day:

View attachment 7303

My biz partner got wicked sick Friday night, tested Saturday, came up positive Sunday. Rough way to wake up early Sunday, with a call from her telling me to get tested. Killed a major buzz I had from skiing Plattekill for sure. Got tested Monday, just got the results now.

I do keep my distance and have kind of a reputation for being hyper-vigilant, paranoid, whatever you call it.

The moral of the story is ALWAYS blow off work to ski.

I was off chasing the Nor'easter Weds and Thurs when we would have been in the office together. We were together Friday, but our space is big (3000 sq feet) and like I said I really try to keep my distance.

I AM VERY PUMPED.

I hope your partner is o.k. And, please get tested again in a few days just to be sure and let us know the results. Thanks.

I kinda feel like we're dodging it every day. Or, more accurately, juggling how to stay safe without just hiding in our bathrooms. I just got tested for the second time in a week because I was on campus last week and want to see my dad for Christmas. I should know within 48 hours if I am positive. Assuming I am not, I will do Christmas with my dad, who is 80, then with my son.
Stay safe, Harvey!

I hope your partner is o.k.
She had a tough time Friday night and Saturday. Uncontrollable shivers, couldn't get warm, even in the shower. Sunday she sounded better to me, and said she felt better. Yesterday and today I don't think she was feeling as well. Somehow I feel like she will be ok, but it's not based on anything scientific.

I texted her tonight, I know she wanted to know about me, but if she was sleeping I didn't want to wake her up. We'll talk again in the am.

And thanks wonderpony.

Listen if I sounded callous about my partner I'm sorry. I was so focused on myself I guess, and my relief, I guess got carried away. My daughter was so happy it choked me up.

I just spoke to my partner and she is still feeling badly, about a 101.5 temp. Looks like her husband and son are sick too, waiting on results but they have symptoms. Daughter has no symptoms, they have a place at the shore and sent her there.

Maybe this is TMI, but here we are.

Thanks for the well wishes @ScottySkis .

I had been told the first time that the test was 85% accurate the inaccuracies being half (7.5%) false positive and half false negative. Of the false negs, half of those will exhibit symptoms, so that would push the effective "accuracy" higher. Today I learned that it is actually over 94% accurate.

I have taken 7 covid tests...fortunately negative..but i have confidence in their accuracy

I've now had two negative tests. You really don't want that pipe cleaner jammed up your nose.

I have taken 7 covid tests...fortunately negative..but i have confidence in their accuracy
meant to say I DON'T have confidence
they don't ram it all the way up anymore

She had a tough time Friday night and Saturday. Uncontrollable shivers, couldn't get warm, even in the shower. Sunday she sounded better to me, and said she felt better. Yesterday and today I don't think she was feeling as well. Somehow I feel like she will be ok, but it's not based on anything scientific.

I texted her tonight, I know she wanted to know about me, but if she was sleeping I didn't want to wake her up. We'll talk again in the am.

And thanks wonderpony.
That’s exactly how it hit me.

I don’t know if any of you remember me thinking that I had had the vid last mid January but I’m 99% sure I did. The media at that point had the majority of us believing it hadn’t gotten here until later but we know better now that it was here in December I’ve been told.

I hope your partner the best Harv, it definitely felt like it was trying to kill me. I had weird pains and swelling in my stomach and chest for a few months after the initial 8 day flu like junk. It also has had effects on my breathing/lung capacity as well.

I hope your partner the best Harv, it definitely felt like it was trying to kill me. I had weird pains and swelling in my stomach and chest for a few months after the initial 8 day flu like junk. It also has had effects on my breathing/lung capacity as well.

Thanks man. So it was 8 days for you? She's on day 8 and still feeling like shit. Told me not to call her today, first time she said that. She's older than you, and has some pre-existing issues too.

Your lungs are still an issue?

In other news second test was neg. They really didn't understand why I was getting retested so soon since I had no symptoms. I guess I didn't either. They didn't hassle me really just asked me three different times to clarify I had no symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back