The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our school is mornings only, half the school every other day, and home for lunch. All students are remote in the afternoon. We do have the option to go full remote.

Normal is over-rated. Golf game is getting better. Waiting patiently for snow and doin some blueberry pickin yoga.

I’m actually having one of the best years of my life. I’ve finally found my dream job and I’m traveling every week to build bike trails while working in the field. I live in the outdoors more than in my own home.

thank god I didn’t become a nurse, every nurse I know hates their jobs now.

I’ve also rediscovered mountain biking after a few years of feeling burned out and bored. Now that I’m traveling and building I’m in the best shape I’ve been in 10 years. I can hammer again!

i miss going out to a couple of places to eat but it’s not a big deal for us.

I think Cody will be doing on line classes but we’re not sure yet.

I could spend a winter without skiing honestly. I’ve been looking for an excuse to spend time to the south and explore by foot and bike.

I’ve read that unless you’re over 65 years old you are more likely to die today from a car accident than covid and the numbers imho seem to reflect that. I don’t feel scared of it anymore and besides, I’m 98% sure that I already had it.

Interesting story : never thought of the potential effects from golfing BUT it is one of the reasons i no longer play league golf or tournaments , strictly play with one guy ' two carts ........or play single if i have no partner .

I am a weirdo that prefers to play pretty fast pace ya know impatient SOB ??. Also prefer to play several different course weekly for variety and avoid density

I wish the new normal was as broad as it is. We are not NYC. There are local businesses that desperately need to open up here.

aa.jpg

What is open vs closed right now?

This is part of the new normal I guess. No Ski Deals to report:

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 11.33.49 AM.png

I had a talk with a Whiteface employee - skiing will be very different this year. They are still trying to figure out how to deal with people's ski bags, the cafeteria, how to serve food, how to sit people and how to run ski programs. They still need to figure out how to reduce the capacity of people in the lodges. If you are the type of person that gets ready at your car, has a lift pass and just jumps right on - probably business as usual. If you rely on the food, lodging or programs - you could be in for a good change. At this point, the gondola will run as well as the lifts, but they will no longer be forcing you to ride with other people. You ride with your family or people you agree to.
Much of it, is in limbo as they are waiting on guidance and instruction from New York State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back