The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have not been to a restaurant since March. I do a lot of gardening. I grew dahlias, canna lilies, and zinnias for the first time this year. We play croquet in the yard. I took up tennis. I recently started riding horses again. I can’t complain. We have a comfortable situation to hunker down during the pandemic. We are both working from home.

The new normal is weird and it sucks, OK I said it. I don't think it is going away anytime soon.

Agree 100%

My buddy who owns a bowling alley is really F'd, he has no idea when he'll be able to open. That can not be a good feeling.

New normal? Not much has changed for me other than the mask crap. I always avoided crowds so not a problem for me. I’ve eaten out many many times and been to public swimming areas. Yet still able to get my beer from local micro brew, so I’m good. Also not afraid to go out in public or shake a old friends hand. Live life don’t fear it

My wife bought a bunch, put like 5 in my car, some in my computer bag. She's stashed them everywhere. Saves me a bunch of the aggravation that comes with forgetting.

Those of you with kids how do you feel about school this year. Are you happy with the reopening plan? One local district is having 50% of the kids attending Mon, Tues, the other 50% attending Thur, Fri, and all attend Wednesday online. I know if I had kids I'd be very concerned about them going back.

That's pretty close to our plan too.

I think the school is required to provide busing. What they've done is given us the option of driving our kids, which I'll do. But if you are unable your kid can ride the bus.

The problem I see is that 60% of everyone maintaining distance isn't enough.

So yea I'm concerned.

There are other health issues our daughter is facing that are exacerbated by the isolation she is experiencing. Personally, I'm with some of you, the whole isolation thing doesn't change my life very much. I'm getting more exercise too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back