The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many gazillions of dollars will be made on this, and who will make it. Sorry to sound syndical but that's just me.
Being as the government subsidized the research in a significant way I think we should have some transparency. I don't need everything but I would like to know how much they were awarded, and how much they are going to charge per dose. They deserve to make money, lots of it. However, I don't much trust anyone, show me the numbers. Emergency work on roads the contractors get costs plus 20%, pretty close. They love those jobs, and good for them they should get it. This vaccine development should work similar.

No and no --- sorry but anytime the government and big drug companies get together my ears perk up. Don't trust either one to do what's best for you and I. Like I said, that's just me.
That's the attitude that drives the anti-vaxxers, and it's not just you. You can hide from the virus in your house or we can all get vaccinated. Get over it.

FWIW my ears perk up whenever a car dealer tells me I need to paint protection to a perfectly good new car, but that's just me.

mm

That's the attitude that drives the anti-vaxxers, and it's not just you. You can hide from the virus in your house or we can all get vaccinated. Get over it.

FWIW my ears perk up whenever a car dealer tells me I need to paint protection to a perfectly good new car, but that's just me.

mm

Dude, why are you being such a dick? Get over your grumpy self.

And FWIW, regardless whether or not the paint protection works, they pay claims. See it everyday. Douche.

Hey everybody's antsy these days : No harm , no foul ....Now bump gloves and get back in your respective corners ???

I'm no anti vaxxer by any means - been getting flu shots since my imuno suppressed daughter came home form the hospital 26 years ago, but with so much money and political gain in the pot rushing this vaccine to market scares the shit out of me

I'm no anti vaxxer by any means - been getting flu shots since my imuno suppressed daughter came home form the hospital 26 years ago, but with so much money and political gain in the pot rushing this vaccine to market scares the shit out of me
Really? $2 billion frightens you more than the pandemic? Government may not be efficient, but no other organization can bring the resources necessary for these kinds of disasters. The cost of the vaccine is likely to be a small fraction of what has already been spent to support the economy.

mm

Really? $2 billion frightens you more than the pandemic? Government may not be efficient, but no other organization can bring the resources necessary for these kinds of disasters. The cost of the vaccine is likely to be a small fraction of what has already been spent to support the economy.

mm
No it's not the $2B that scares me but the long term affects of a vaccine rushed to market, not so much for me as I'm almost as old and ornery as you but for my kids & future grandkids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back