The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Druthers Brewery in Albany was pretty good and they make some really tasty tacos. Right down the block from Nipper, on the Menands border. They may be in Menands actually, not sure

Druthers Brewery in Albany was pretty good and they make some really tasty tacos. Right down the block from Nipper, on the Menands border. They may be in Menands actually, not sure

I've been to Druthers in Saratoga and also had dinner there and liked it a lot. Also Artisanal in Saratoga was excellent.
Saratoga is such a fun town and also a great location to outdoor activates in NY and VT. But if I live there I'd probably have to check in to rehab after about 6 months :)

Something we can agree on. I’m lucky to have Defiant and Industrial Arts right in my backyard and they’re both top notch. Plus NY has the two greatest cheap beers in all of history- UC and Genny.
As one born and raised in Utica can honestly say UC is rot gut

Lol, you can have any opinion you want. You can’t expect to have no pushback.

And no, I don’t unleash paragraphs of name calling & personal attacks (every once in a while I say something like “you sound like a whiny child when you complain about masks 1 week before you don’t have to wear one”, but that’s more of a simile than direct name calling)
Well nanny nanny poo poo, stick your head in doo doo.

It's a great time to be a fine beer drinker, especially in NY :)
Growing up in the 70s, I remember that the local beers of choice were Genny Cream Ale, Matt's, and Utica Club with out-of-region favorites being Moosehead, Old Vienna, Piels, Schaefer, Rheingold, and Molson (especially their stronger Brador, you had to bring it back from north of the border!). I've mentioned elsewhere in the off-topic forum that I'm a regular visitor to the Nostalgic Syracuse Facebook page, which is a bottomless pit of all things CNY. Through it, I learned about Congress Beer (Haberle Brewery), which was around for more than a century; however, I never heard one word about it as a kid -- very odd.

1645798386796.jpeg

Probably not fair to draw an equivalence. CNY skier seemed to join right after I made a plea for listening to each other and being open minded. Then he started spouting spike protein this and pharma industrial that and he tmade me regret participating in the conversation at all.
Sno is in an entirely different category. His concerns and criticisms are rational and worth listening to. He isn’t able to put it in perspective some times and often presents things in a way that sounds whiny and triggers some but he’s a smart individual and I think he’s honestly trying to figure things out..
I agree. I actually joined this forum after lurking for a while because I wanted to geek out with him on ski area development and planning. I actually do that sort of thing now with mountain bike and hiking trails for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back