The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cnyskier

There’s only so much that can be said about skiing. Especially if it’s focused on skiing mainly in the east and even more so if it’s mainly focused on the state of New York.

What’s my point? You gotta have some level of traffic to keep your advertisers happy so eliminating anything other than skiing topics is probably not the best business decision. Maybe I’m off on this or missing something, hopefully Harvey can fill us in.

Pot, meet kettle.
Lol, you can have any opinion you want. You can’t expect to have no pushback.

And no, I don’t unleash paragraphs of name calling & personal attacks (every once in a while I say something like “you sound like a whiny child when you complain about masks 1 week before you don’t have to wear one”, but that’s more of a simile than direct name calling)

@cnyskier

There’s only so much that can be said about skiing. Especially if it’s focused on skiing mainly in the east and even more so if it’s mainly focused on the state of New York.

What’s my point? You gotta have some level of traffic to keep your advertisers happy so eliminating anything other than skiing topics is probably not the best business decision. Maybe I’m off on this or missing something, hopefully Harvey can fill us in.
Maybe more discussion about things like gear and beer and MTB :)

As a beer fan I feel NY has pulled way ahead in the pack. In my opinion even ahead of Vermont.

He probably thinks that Bill Gates is about to flip the “microchip activation switch”

I love how people like snoloco are like “you’re terrible, only my ideas are valid. I’m a knowledgeable intellectual” and then an antivaxxer comes on and says “hell yeah, snoloco’s ideas are definitely correct”
Probably not fair to draw an equivalence. CNY skier seemed to join right after I made a plea for listening to each other and being open minded. Then he started spouting spike protein this and pharma industrial that and he tmade me regret participating in the conversation at all.
Sno is in an entirely different category. His concerns and criticisms are rational and worth listening to. He isn’t able to put it in perspective some times and often presents things in a way that sounds whiny and triggers some but he’s a smart individual and I think he’s honestly trying to figure things out..

Maybe more discussion about things like gear and beer and MTB :)

As a beer fan I feel NY has pulled way ahead in the pack. In my opinion even ahead of Vermont.
Something we can agree on. I’m lucky to have Defiant and Industrial Arts right in my backyard and they’re both top notch. Plus NY has the two greatest cheap beers in all of history- UC and Genny.

Something we can agree on. I’m lucky to have Defiant and Industrial Arts right in my backyard and they’re both top notch. Plus NY has the two greatest cheap beers in all of history- UC and Genny.
Nice. I haven't had Defiant, but really like IA.
In the ROC region we have Other Half and Mortalis that are absolute top shelf making some very interesting beer. Then we have a large list of just below top shelf brewers. IPA's, Stouts, Sours are my favorites.

Also I hear Fiden's in the Albany area is one of the best in the north east.

It's a great time to be a fine beer drinker, especially in NY :)

. He isn’t able to put it in perspective some times and often presents things in a way that sounds whiny and triggers some but he’s a smart individual and I think he’s honestly trying to figure things out..
This is mostly what annoys me. I find that when he develops an opinion, he stops the “figuring out” process and then immediately switches into “I’m right, you’re wrong” mode.

Which is *still* fine for an opinion like “The school Mask requirement should have been dropped 2 weeks ago instead of this Friday”, but pretty annoying for an opinion like “We’re going to have to wear masks all winter, every winter”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back