The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one virus has ever been completely eradicated. In order to eradicate a virus, I think it needs to meet the following criteria:

• Symptoms easily identifiable.
  • Doesn't spread asymptomatically.
  • Vaccine provides sterilizing immunity.
Covid is none of those things. It's not easily identifiable, since symptoms are often the same as colds. It does spread asymptomatically, or before one has symptoms. The vaccines, while excellent at preventing severe illness, do not provide sterilizing immunity. So it's not going anywhere, but is nowhere near as deadly as it was in March 2020.

I live in NY. If they say the mask is mandated I put it on. Is they say it isn't then I'll wear it when I want to. Rules are rules. If you don't like them run for office and change them.
I have no plans to run for office. I have called my representatives to voice my displeasure with how the state has handled covid in the last several months, and when it came to a vote to end the mask mandate in schools, they voted the way I wanted. Maybe I had something to do with that. Maybe I didn't. I'd like to think that I did. You have to take action and push back on these mandates, even when not currently in effect if you don't want them reinstated every winter. The other option that I'm exploring is moving out of state to a place that respects basic individual rights and respects my ability to make my own decisions relating to my personal health.

Only one virus has ever been completely eradicated. In order to eradicate a virus, I think it needs to meet the following criteria:

• Symptoms easily identifiable.
  • Doesn't spread asymptomatically.
  • Vaccine provides sterilizing immunity.
Covid is none of those things. It's not easily identifiable, since symptoms are often the same as colds. It does spread asymptomatically, or before one has symptoms. The vaccines, while excellent at preventing severe illness, do not provide sterilizing immunity. So it's not going anywhere, but is nowhere near as deadly as it was in March 2020.

I have no plans to run for office. I have called my representatives to voice my displeasure with how the state has handled covid in the last several months, and when it came to a vote to end the mask mandate in schools, they voted the way I wanted. Maybe I had something to do with that. Maybe I didn't. I'd like to think that I did. You have to take action and push back on these mandates, even when not currently in effect if you don't want them reinstated every winter. The other option that I'm exploring is moving out of state to a place that respects basic individual rights and respects my ability to make my own decisions relating to my personal health.
Great , try Mars !

Vax does not work never has never will…nor do masks, at least masks that 99% of us wear.

I was at a party in a basement a month ago, turns out it was a super spreader event.

10 people that I know of got covid could be more, of the 10 about half were fully vaccinated.

Myself not vaxed my wife fully vaxed all had same symptoms to a tee. My kid who’s 10 breezed threw it, we all tested positive.

Me my wife and brother in-laws family and others some fully vaxed all tested positive and had the same symptoms as us unvaxed and the kids breezed threw it.

I can say whatever variant we had was nasty and we all still feel the affects, we were all bed ridden for a week . Imho the only way this is going away is herd immunity, kinda glad I got it in a way. But missed 2 weeks of skiing during the best conditions of this season.

Still not scared nor vaxed nor any plan to get vaxed. Wife is now questioning the vax and the nurse whom got it also is now questioning the vaccine and she’s…. Well a huge lefty pushing the vax like a good sheep. She spent months pumping arms full of the vaccine as a nurse… all day… vaccine shots… for months. Without questioning any of it , just doing what she was told to do by lord Fauci.

Wife is hearing that a lot at work, she works in medical field. Her employer also now does not require employees to get the 3rd booster….. that says something.

If you’re in a risk group by all means take precautions. The new normal changes threw out life, don’t get stuck in a rut.

Time to move on

Vax does not work never has never will…nor do masks, at least masks that 99% of us wear.

I was at a party in a basement a month ago, turns out it was a super spreader event.

10 people that I know of got covid could be more, of the 10 about half were fully vaccinated.

Myself not vaxed my wife fully vaxed all had same symptoms to a tee. My kid who’s 10 breezed threw it, we all tested positive.

Me my wife and brother in-laws family and others some fully vaxed all tested positive and had the same symptoms as us unvaxed and the kids breezed threw it.

I can say whatever variant we had was nasty and we all still feel the affects, we were all bed ridden for a week . Imho the only way this is going away is herd immunity, kinda glad I got it in a way. But missed 2 weeks of skiing during the best conditions of this season.

Still not scared nor vaxed nor any plan to get vaxed. Wife is now questioning the vax and the nurse whom got it also is now questioning the vaccine and she’s…. Well a huge lefty pushing the vax like a good sheep. She spent months pumping arms full of the vaccine as a nurse… all day… vaccine shots… for months. Without questioning any of it , just doing what she was told to do by lord Fauci.

Wife is hearing that a lot at work, she works in medical field. Her employer also now does not require employees to get the 3rd booster….. that says something.

If you’re in a risk group by all means take precautions. The new normal changes threw out life, don’t get stuck in a rut.

Time to move on

I'm referring to society-wide regressive changes. If you want to ban gatherings, close businesses and schools, restrict travel, or require masks permanently to stop respiratory viruses, then you can count me out. I'll take my chances with the virus.

I'm referring to society-wide regressive changes. If you want to ban gatherings, close businesses and schools, restrict travel, or require masks permanently to stop respiratory viruses, then you can count me out. I'll take my chances with the virus.

Where are you seeing this? I'm certainly not seeing it "society wide."

I guess the border is restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back