The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omicron did suck, but now I'm just sitting here like:

Attachments

• 60hytt.jpg
    60hytt.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 47
I was lucky; I've had colds that were worse than omicron. My child unfortunately isn't so lucky. We're fortunate to be vaxxed. Some local municipalities are re-instituting mask mandates.
Sorry to hear that Peter, hopefully your kiddo is doing better. It’s so strange and random how it effects different people.

I was even told on this forum that I couldn’t have had the vid in January of 20 because the media hadn’t confirmed it was around at that time but later it was stated to likely have been around since the fall. I knew I had it. It royally f-d me up. It was seriously trying to kill me.
It's certainly quite possible you had COVID-19 in January 2020. It was definitely in Colorado by early Feb 2020. I knew of more than one case that traced back to Vail from that month. Meaning confirmed by PCR or antibody testing after travelers made it home. I knew COVID-19 was in Boston by early March 2020 when my daughter did a quick trip to visit a few people at the start of her spring break. I told her how to stay safe but opted to let her go because it was unclear when she might be able to get to Boston again. As it turned out, she went earlier this month. The world certainly has changed as of Jan 2022.

They found that COVID-19 was in Italy as early as Nov 2019 based on analyzing waste water samples taken in the months before the first detected case.

I had it during the first week of January 2020. It’s not a maybe, it’s a definite. I had the lingering, long term junk until April.

Both my girls were sick in December. The gf had just come back from Denver where she was working in a small space with her boss who had just come back from China. I have read that it had been in California since October 2019.

According this link covid should be better because of cbd that in the Mircale plant
Happy Friday, everyone! Here's a fun result that came out recently in a comprehensive paper published in Science about CBD and Covid infections:
and an easier-to-digest write up in Vice:

The paper dives deeply into the mechanisms of action, but the part that's getting the most attention is that oral CBD use in real-world patients is associated with a ~35% lower risk of a positive Covid test (in people taking it for seizures). It's on pages 7 and 8 of the article, but the risk of a Covid positive test in the study period was 6.2% for people taking daily oral CBD vs. 8.9% for matched controls.
The 35% reduction figure comes from a multivariable logit model, which is a slightly more sophisticated was of matching patients.

Do with that information what you will ;)
I hope you have a great end to your week!

Sno…..I sincerely doubt that he was referring to having to wear a mask or the fearmongering and such that affects everyone, not just young people. If that is the most severe impact that the last two years has had on you life you are very lucky.
That isn't my point here. My point is that I've spoken out about the collateral damage that the government response to covid has inflicted, which has been worse for people my age than it has for older people. In response, I've been harshly ridiculed, told that I'm prolonging the pandemic, trying to kill the immunocompromised/elderly, and more.

You took my comment literally. Yes, I'm opposed to mask mandates and I've made that very clear. That's just one of the measures we've been subject to for close to 2 years (minus a short break in the summer), and it's proven just as ineffective as it is harmful. I know you're going to respond with "it's just a mask". I don't see it that way. It's not just that masking is inconvenient and uncomfortable. Seeing faces is important in everyday interactions, and for our psychological well-being. The zoom class who usually supports these mandates generally doesn't have a wear a mask all day. I also hate the class stratification where servers and bartenders are forced to wear masks, while customers remain unmasked. It should be a personal choice for everyone. Every time cases rise in a blue jurisdiction, it's virtually assured that the mayor or governor will impose this pointless measure, whether as punishment for cases going up, or to make a show of "doing something".

While mask mandates have absolutely messed with my psychological well-being, it's far from the only thing that's been done. The public is also being gaslit into believing that they can control the trajectory of cases, when it's clear that things are going to follow seasonal trends, regardless of what anyone does. This means being told something along the lines of "wear a mask and avoid travel and limit your contacts or I'm going to lock you down or close your business or take away some activity you like to do". It's totally demoralizing and maddening when you that one, you can't control the actions of others, and two that even if you could, it probably wouldn't chance the number of covid cases. The gaslighting and repeated threats have been the worst part for me. Since I live in New York, one of the most restrictive states, I feel like a prisoner. Also, for JTG, just because others have had it worse, doesn't make it right to trivialize my experience, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Part of the reason I'm so frustrated with the current state of affairs is because I know that it's affected others worse than it has affected me, so don't try and say that I don't care about others again.

Public health authorities have vastly overstated the risk of getting covid for most people. Based on the real data I've seen, there's no reason to alter my life in any way or take any precautions to avoid covid exposure, yet the recommendations reflect the most risk-averse position, and these tend to get codified into mandates in blue jurisdictions. For example, right now the CDC is recommending that even vaccinated and boosted people avoid large gatherings. They're even recommending that school sports get cancelled in like 90% of counties, even if everyone is vaccinated. Many schools are following this and cancelling sports and other extracurricular activities. You've got 100% vaccinated colleges literally locking down. How does anything think that this is not having a severe impact on the well-being of teenagers and 20 somethings? Maybe you don't think sports or clubs are important, but what if I told you that it caused people to not seek treatment for other health conditions, whether physical or mental, cut people off from support structures so they relapsed into alcohol or drug addiction, or even committed suicide. When you take away multiple years of social interaction, gaslight the public into believing impossible scenarios, and offer no hope or vision for a better future, this is the result.

That isn't my point here. My point is that I've spoken out about the collateral damage that the government response to covid has inflicted, which has been worse for people my age than it has for older people.
Ya might wanna fix yer 2nd sentence 1st point..
More older folks died than any other age group.
A lot of em weren’t allowed to see their own folks.
Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back