The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
3D71931A-C167-4CC3-B6F6-980285715E06.jpeg

Sorry I realized I said I would unlock this thread, apparently I forgot.

Can anyone help me find a chart or graphic that illuminates the timeline line, for the rise and fall of omicron?

It’s a different world now than 2019. It’s all very weird.

Cody’s friends are all + right now. She and I have had plenty of contact with the group. We did a home test two days ago and one this morning, both negative. I’m pretty sure the home tests are shit. Some show + results after three days, some it takes 14. Am I supposed to put the breaks on life and responsibilities? I’m feeling confused on what is expected or what I should do. Cody’s school has gone back to their strict attendance policies which is putting pressure on families to keep kids in school but is likely helping the spread. Ugh.

It’s a different world now than 2019. It’s all very weird.

Cody’s friends are all + right now. She and I have had plenty of contact with the group. We did a home test two days ago and one this morning, both negative. I’m pretty sure the home tests are shit. Some show + results after three days, some it takes 14. Am I supposed to put the breaks on life and responsibilities? I’m feeling confused on what is expected or what I should do. Cody’s school has gone back to their strict attendance policies which is putting pressure on families to keep kids in school but is likely helping the spread. Ugh.
Home tests are shit, maybe better than nothing but they tend to show significantly more false positives compared to PCR in my experience. Kids gotta go back to school, in person learning is really important for development, that said under the current case load the whole experience is pretty traumatizing for kids. I really feel for this generation currently in school, the impact of all of this on their mental health can not be understated.

All that said there are ways to keep safe in school, my lady teaches multiple disability 6-8 year olds. Kids that in many cases can't resist pulling their masks off from time to time. She had long term exposure to a student who tested positive before the holidays. Her unwavering use of K-N95 with cloth mask on top is likely what kept her from getting it. Masks really do work, and K-N95 seems to be the gold standard. If there is a mask mandate in place, the most likely place for someone to contract Covid while in school is in the lunch room. It's actually remarkable that they haven't been able to trace any major outbreaks back to the school where my lady works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back