The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s amazing what politics talk gets a pass on this forum and what gets a ban.

Extremely interesting.

I started my Cornell COVID spreadsheet for the semester on August 16. We are currently at 354 cases 17 days in. 305 of those are from the last 8 days. We had a total of 591 cases for spring 2021 and 557 for Fall 2020. Cornell still insists that what it is doing is working, but I am not so sure.

It’s amazing what politics talk gets a pass on this forum and what gets a ban.

Not sure what this refers to, things seem pretty tame right now.

I'm hearing this from both left and right. Basically being told I am blind to politics to the left, and I assume based on the source in this comment also blind to it on the right. I'm not sure what this post is referring to in this case. Another quote via PM: "they only reason all hell isn't breaking loose is because the right has been so restrained" or something close.

I may have mentioned this, there are several admins in the XF forum who have banned all discussion of vax and masks because politics can't be avoided.

I hate to do it, because covid is on the mind of many of us, and I personally like to see the data posted. But this thread is locked.

It seems everything that really matters is now political, so I guess we can't really talk about anything important here.

CDC said if you can pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time and are vaccinated you can return to work immediately even if showing symptoms.

In all seriousness though, the GET BACK TO WORK bullshit for essential workers is getting insensitive. My lady is being told she has to return to teaching even if she tests positive and is only showing mild symptoms after 2 days of "quarantine". I know things change but we are on full steam with the "gotta keep the machine running no matter how many of you get run through the wood chipper shit".

CDC said if you can pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time and are vaccinated you can return to work immediately even if showing symptoms.

In all seriousness though, the GET BACK TO WORK bullshit for essential workers is getting insensitive. My lady is being told she has to return to teaching even if she tests positive and is only showing mild symptoms after 2 days of "quarantine". I know things change but we are on full steam with the "gotta keep the machine running no matter how many of you get run through the wood chipper shit".
This is true
More cases now than ever
Last year the "pause" worked
Can we survive another one?

I'm not hear to say whats right or wrong, just commenting on the seemingly seismic shift in approach. Shit is pretty comical, if quarantine didn't make ya crazy lets see if this does.

Mask up on gondolas y'all.

So it’s blowing up during the peak holiday and travel season? No way, who would’ve thunk?

Everything is so fucked.

Flagstaff canceled the New Years pine cone drop.
I hear those pine cones can be brutal... they'll take you're eye out kid.:ROFLMAO:

Obviously no. It's only a matter of time before it happens here at GP. My wife told me our ER looked like a 3rd world country yesterday.
Ugh. Honestly at this point it's the load on the hospital system and its employees as being the only thing that concerns me.

Ugh. Honestly at this point it's the load on the hospital system and its employees as being the only thing that concerns me.

Same here. I honestly don't think I'd feel that way or even realize how bad it truly is if I wasn't married to a nurse. Her sister is also a nurse at the same hospital. She lives a mile away from us and spends a lot of time here at the house. The stories they tell me are mind blowing. One big issue is how hospital administration doesn't care about the well-being of their docs and nurses, rather they keep throwing big money at them to continually show up for work. Raising the census and staying off diversion is what they are concerned about, patient care and staff health, both mental and physical, is purely secondary.

I hear those pine cones can be brutal... they'll take you're eye out kid.:ROFLMAO:

Its very very difficult , drs have banded togerther and written letters BEGGING people to get vaxxed . Think about when THIS has ever happened ????

This county ONLY has 59 per cent vaxx rate and mirrors other rural counties where it is raging . Frankly money is no longer an incentive to staff who are toasted from the unrelenting stress of carrying for patients who fail to do the right thing , SOME for a second time around .

Will stop here before this gets LOCKED too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back