The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully a last post about ivermectin. Feel free to ignore. Ivermectin may be worth investigating as part of combination treatment for mild/moderate cases of COVID-19, but the folks pushing it hard in social media and claiming they are being censored right now are not trustworthy in my opinion.

Found that a key research article touted on the website of the proponents of a specific ivermectin treatment approach was rejected in March 2021 by an international journal. Essentially it didn't pass the peer review process. Frontiers is a non-profit founded by a neuroscientists in Switzerland in 2007. It stays in business because in 2021 "Frontiers becomes financially self-sustainable with the Article Processing Charges business model." Not exactly in the same class as the New England Journal of Medicine or the Lancet.

April 2021, The Conversation
Ivermectin: why a potential COVID treatment isn’t recommended for use

March 2, 2021, The Scientist
Frontiers Removes Controversial Ivermectin Paper Pre-Publication

March 2, 2021, Frontiers
"
Article rejection: Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19.

Dr. Frederick Fenter, Chief Executive Editor of Frontiers:

“Regardless of the publication stage or subject of a manuscript, if the integrity of an article is called into question, our policy is to investigate. Upon further scrutiny by our Research Integrity team about the objectivity of this paper during the provisional acceptance phase, it was revealed that the article made a series of strong, unsupported claims based on studies with insufficient statistical significance, and at times, without the use of control groups. Further, the authors promoted their own specific ivermectin-based treatment which is inappropriate for a review article and against our editorial policies.

“In our view, this paper does not offer an objective nor balanced scientific contribution to the evaluation of ivermectin as a potential treatment for COVID-19. Frontiers’ has published more than 2,000 rigorously peer-reviewed articles on COVID-19 since the pandemic erupted via our Coronavirus Knowledge Hub, and we are acutely aware of just how critical high-quality, objective research in this area is at this time. Frontiers takes no position on the efficacy of ivermectin as a treatment of patients with COVID-19, however, we do take a very firm stance against unbalanced or unsupported scientific conclusions.
. . ."

So many businesses and people are very thankful for what was done for us. That said, when should it stop? Right now there are help wanted signs everywhere, and owners are upping their starting pay so the message of low wages is getting out. Why on earth does this make sense to those in charge?

I can't kick people out but the major of Albany was on TV telling the general public landlords had to stop the tenants from having parties in the street. She pretty much put in rent control last year. She really annoys me.

I can't kick people out but the major of Albany was on TV telling the general public landlords had to stop the tenants from having parties in the street. She pretty much put in rent control last year. She really annoys me.
I was thinking about you when I read this. Right, can't pay rent so lets party!!
A buddy of mine here has a few, like 4, who haven't paid him shit for over a year now. He's feeling it, can't do anything about it, to say the least he's pissed.

Sounds like Kathy is just another lazy state employee trying to give hand outs to be popular instead of working her ass off , I have not taken one cent of money from any kind of coved relief, I work for a living not living off of others

I didn't exactly take the money. I passed it from the government to our employees, like a middleman. It was all used for wages for people we let go in March 2020, and brought back when we got it. They'd be on enhanced unemployment if we didn't bring them back.

At the time we didn't have the work for those people we let go, but now we really need them and are trying to hire too (not easy). I'm glad we were able to keep people because if we didn't we'd be telling our clients we can't deliver for them now.

FWIW we've given almost everyone except owners a raise. Business is pretty good for now and we believe we can afford it. If we go back to travel lockdowns we'll be in trouble. One thing that is really helping us is that most of our customers rely on DOMESTIC travel.

You ever notice how commercials that say "You may be entitled to financial compensation..." often refer to something the FDA has approved?

Merck is actively involved in COVID-19 research and vaccine production. They are partnering with J&J for manufacturing. Merck is still researching oral medication for treatment of mild-to-moderate COVID-19 symptoms.
Yup. Merck has a lot of vaccine manufacturing capacity.
A point was they opted on doing R&D on SARS-CoV-2 infection therapeutics instead of R&D on SARS-CoV-2 vaccines.

The foam on the top acts like soap but tastes much better.
Beer foam looks and acts like soap but mouthwash is promising too.
Ya can swallow beer too legally if yer old enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back