The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s weird that you say weird so much. Hugs & kisses
I said it once in the last 3 pages, but okay? Is there a word you want me to use instead? I think “weird” is a pretty good descriptor of behavior that I don’t understand because it seems like people desperately want to have their assumptions verified by others (instead of trying to collect data and use that as the basis for their opinions).

EDIT: See, now you edited your post and it looks like I made up the quote here. But this was your original comment, so hugs and kisses to you too!

Last edited:
Sorry
Somebody got between the posts so I thought it looked weird. When are you gonna post a Big Snow TR? Did I miss it?

Sorry
Somebody got between the posts so I thought it looked weird. When are you gonna post a Big Snow TR? Did I miss it?
I made another video, so maybe Monday (but I have some van work to do so maybe Tuesday).

My main point in this thread is to say you have to be careful who you believe. Did you know that millions of people around the world think the US introduced the disease to China to make it look like the Chinese did it?

(instead of trying to collect data and use that as the basis for their opinions).
In another thread this is exactly what TJ was saying. He's saying there's information out there for people to draw their own conclusion. You step in and try to immediately dismiss that by asking him what his education level was, simply because he may have a different opinion than you.
Talk about weird

@Harvey : here's another example where it's important to keep the denominator in mind when looking at detected case numbers. At first glance it can seem as if UNC-CH students tested on 8/19 were three times more likely to test positive compared to employees (9 vs 3). But looking at the Campus Testing By Type table that includes the number of tests performed, it's clear that employees have a lower Percent Positive rate. For context, the attested vaccinated rate for students as of late last week was 88%, while 82% of the employees say they are fully vaccinated. Faculty and staff are lumped together under "employees."

One dorm on campus has a detected cluster (5 connected cases). Students in that dorm will be tested twice a week for a while to try to detect asymptomatic cases. Good contact tracing makes a big difference when a subpopulation is cooperative. There is a much higher chance of detecting asymptomatic cases quickly enough to keep them from unknowingly infecting other people.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 10.24.06 AM.png

My vaccinated coworker's cousin and spouse have tested positive. They are both vaccinated. Their daughter is not positive. This is going to be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back