The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. There are always outliers in human health...the child who develops cancer, the fitness buff that has a heart attack, etc. However, if we look at this in a comprehensive matter (i.e. big picture), the view is pretty clear. Covid is most harmful for people with comorbidities: obesity, vitamin deficiency, old age, etc. For whatever reason public health officials seem to be afraid to advise the public to get healthy. Instead, they say "take the shot".
The big picture is this shit can take anyone out. We don't get to pick our symptoms. I've said this before and here it is again. A buddy of mine who is in amazing shape had covid, it put him in the ICU for a week. He thought he was going to die. He'll be the first to tell you to get the shot.

. What perplexes me most is that we are having a surge in the US in the middle of summer. This goes against the normal respiratory disease pattern.
Almost as if the disease spreads more easily indoors and, since the US has more air conditioning than other countries, it spikes in the hotter areas during the summer.

My gut tells me it's spreading so quickly because people are running around like drunken sailors.
I’m running around like a drunken sailor (bars, concerts, restaurants, etc.).

I was told that, once I got vaccinated, things would “return to normal”, so I’m operating under the belief that the vaccine will keep the virus away and, in the off chance that I do get infected, the vaccine will make it so that I don’t get really sick and that I am
not contagious for as long.

As far as I can tell, the vaccine has effectively made a very dangerous, very contagious disease into something probably less dangerous than the yearly flu (barring the chance of further, vaccine-resistant mutation).

I say vaccinated people should feel free to act like drunken sailors. And to the unvaccinated: may the odds be forever in your favor.

I say vaccinated people should feel free to act like drunken sailors. And to the unvaccinated: may the odds be forever in your favor.

Concur

I'm not down with the whole show me your papers thing. It should be left up to the people, imho.

I’m running around like a drunken sailor (bars, concerts, restaurants, etc.).

I was told that, once I got vaccinated, things would “return to normal”, so I’m operating under the belief that the vaccine will keep the virus away and, in the off chance that I do get infected, the vaccine will make it so that I don’t get really sick and that I am
not contagious for as long.

As far as I can tell, the vaccine has effectively made a very dangerous, very contagious disease into something probably less dangerous than the yearly flu (barring the chance of further, vaccine-resistant mutation).

Couldn't agree more.

Yeah I agree as far as that goes but I think one of the side effects of the pervasive vilifying of the unvaccinated is that un-vaxed people are going maskless. I would just like to see the temperature lowered and hear more from the real scientists that developed them and are working towards full FDA approval. That would do more to win people over than pissing on their shoes.

Yeah I agree as far as that goes but I think one of the side effects of the pervasive vilifying of the unvaccinated is that un-vaxed people are going maskless. I would just like to see the temperature lowered and hear more from the real scientists that developed them and are working towards full FDA approval. That would do more to win people over than pissing on their shoes.
We have heard from the real scientists. The answers are clear.

We have heard from the real scientists. The answers are clear.
I am fully satisfied. I don’t need to be convinced. My whole family is vaccinated. I’m suggesting ways to convince young women who are concerned about how it affects their reproductive ability, whatever is causing 50% of the Bronx’s population to not get the shot. I don’t know how to overcome religious objections to vaccines but maybe they could be convinced to wear a mask. If having recovered from it doesn’t provide immunity somebody should be out front explaining why and citing the research. Nobody is trying to address peoples concerns. They’re just vilifying the other side. That just causes people to dig in. We always hear “we need to have a conversation” about whatever the topic of the day might be but nobody ever has a conversation about anything. That would require listening to people that disagree with you, which seems to be a dead art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back