The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forbes and quite a few others are reporting how remote workers are replaceable and they say it’s more important for women to show up and not work remotely.
Unless you’re living off someone else now is the best time to advance your career leapfrog over the lazy

What's really scary is that 74% of those 450 plus infected out on the Cape were fully vaccinated.

As vaccination rates increase the percentage of cases that are in vaccinated people increases.

Let's say you have 100 people, 99 vaccinated. 2 get covid. The one unvaxed and one of the vaxed.

Both statements are true but one is somewhat misleading:

50% of people who got covid are vaccinated.
1% of vaccinated people got covid, 100% of the unvaccinated got covid.

Reactions: MC2
Forbes and quite a few others are reporting how remote workers are replaceable and they say it’s more important for women to show up and not work remotely.
Unless you’re living off someone else now is the best time to advance your career leapfrog over the lazy
Everyone is replaceable and just because you work remotely doesn’t mean you are lazy. My wife’s company is shedding as much real estate as possible. I’d rather see office space disappear rather than someone’s job. Her work load is bigger than ever and she gets it all done from home.

As vaccination rates increase the percentage of cases that are in vaccinated people increases.

Let's say you have 100 people, 99 vaccinated. 2 get covid. The one unvaxed and one of the vaxed.

Both statements are true but one is somewhat misleading:

50% of people who got covid are vaccinated.
1% of vaccinated people got covid, 100% of the unvaccinated got covid.
Statistics schmatistics for the win.
Numbers don’t lie.
Folks been twisting them though since they’ve been invented.

Her work load is bigger than ever and she gets it all done from home.
I'm sure that's working out for her company, but is it gonna work for her in the long run? Long before WFH was a thing, I knew a lot of guys who worked in remote field offices for a large organization. More often than not they were overlooked for raises and promotions. I expect the same thing for home workers unless they are in a very quantifiable business. But if your job can be done from a laptop, someone in India will do it for $8 an hour.

Technology ruins everything it touches.

mm

someone in India will do it
Sadly one of the tech guys my wife works with in India was apologizing the other day for not working through a problem quick enough. He said he was the only one left in the office because everyone else has COVID. Many of his coworkers have died. Consider it a privilege to decide whether or not to get the vaccine and then go get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back