The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming you wouldn't push an old lady underneath a train. Yet you have no problem potentially killing an old lady through selfishness and/or negligence?
You assumed correctly. But at this point the old lady should have the vaccine. (should protect her right?) If she doesn’t, she must not be very concerned. I mean really they are just about bribing people to get it. If she didn’t and is concerned, she can always wear the life saving mask. Just imagine how protected the sweet old bag would be if she did both????
Don’t you trust the vaccine to work ?

I'm assuming you wouldn't push an old lady underneath a train. Yet you have no problem potentially killing an old lady through selfishness and/or negligence?
And some folks have no problem being liberal bullies trying to force their opinions on others.

thing is, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with questioning our government and big pharma on the safety of the rushed release of these vaccines. In fact, I’d say you might be a bit of a moron for jumping right in without any doubt, especially if you are going to call out the suspicious and act so righteous. This liberal lefty shaming of people is exactly why some people hate the left and gravitated towards trump.

seriously, knock it the F off already.

Definitely the words of a lot of Americans today.

“Fuck you, mind your own business”

or

“I got mine, Fuck you.”

or

“I’m not responsible for anything that happens as a result of my actions. Fuck you”

Sadly, the people who are so secretive will make it *more* likely that the authorities get more intrusive into our lives. But I bet I know the response to that statement already.
Or maybe it’s more like, I don’t trust our government or big pharma. I feel that’s just looking at history but hey, you do you.

CNN did quite an in depth report about how things are going in Vermont.

July 28, 2021

I noticed more people masked up walking around mid-town Manhattan than anywhere else I've been in the last couple months. In general the tourists near Time Square mostly don't have masks on outdoors. I only drove around in Manhattan. Didn't have a reason to park since the actual destination or starting point was on Long Island.

Finding a restaurant open on a Monday proved to be a bit challenging in western VA or western NC in mid-July. There are Help Wanted signs all over. Along with signs that say something like "closed on XXXday due to lack of staffing" at places that used to be open 7 days a week during the summer season. Also signs on restaurant doors asking people to be patient.

We are getting busy and advertising for help. Also reaching out to head hunters. Getting nowhere.

It's getting bad, real bad. Many restaurants here are no longer open for lunch, they simply don't have workers. Some have closed all together.
I'm fearful for the ski areas this winter.
All that said, our biz is setting records each month, we've already had a record year, and it's only July (end of).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back