The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many people live way above their means, imo.
Yeah, that’s definitely a thing but let’s be honest, a lot of the available jobs out there may get your rent covered but don’t leave ya with anything for the other necessary needs. If you can barely eat or see a doctor while working a full time job that job isn’t going to have a whole lot of value to most people.

And then there’s the folks caught up in their “American nightmare”. So many people go into credit card debt because they can’t stand to fall behind the Joneses.....that’s madness!

I think it’s fair to be skeptical about the vaccine. I’m not a fan of belittling them or the sort of bullying that the far left vax pushers have been doing.

I think it’s also fair for people to feel it’s important that we get vaccinated as quickly as possible to get back to normal as well.

I don’t think either of these feelings or concerns are wrong, it’s a personal decision and we probably shouldn’t be so quick to judge each other for having different opinions.

see how easy that is? We don’t have to jump to emotional reactionary responses every time someone has a different view point.

Now go watch the South Park Vaccination Special.

Everyone dies, sometimes right after a vaccination. I haven’t heard of vaccinated people dying of COVID although some small number have been infected. But keep spreading misinformation if you think that helps the effort.
I haven’t heard of any specific reports but when you get your vaccine they aren’t going to tell you that you can’t still get covid and that you can’t die from it.

For me, the bottom line is that none of this is certain, we are all part of an experiment right now that no one has concrete answers for.

For those who want to read the last CDC report did where they summarized breakthrough cases regardless of the severity of illness:

Here's an analysis by USA Today as a reaction to some post by someone claiming that the death rate was HIGHER for vaccinated people. Needless to say, that is false.

Note that Camp is not saying this at all. Just that being vaccinated is not a 100% guarantee. However, the clinical trial statistical analysis does make it clear that the risk of serious illness or death due to COVID-19 is way lower than without a vaccination. Meaning after being fully vaccinated (2 weeks after final shot). The statistical analysis plans for both Pfizer and Moderna Phase 3 trials were not designed to try to detect asymptomatic cases. The follow up is 2 years, both for side effects and to see what evidence there is for on-going immunity by looking at antibodies and T-cells.

Last edited:
For me, the bottom line is that none of this is certain, we are all part of an experiment right now that no one has concrete answers for.
Yep. Actually no different than taking any approved drug at the recommended dose. For some people, that dose is way too high. That was always true for my mother who was petite and had a very sensitive system. I took a child's dose for common over-the-counter medication like aspirin for a long time, well into my 20s.

The good news is that hospitalization and death numbers are dropping fast in all states overall. However, there are pockets where vaccination rates are relatively low and the hospital numbers are actually going up. Fair to say those are mostly people who were not vaccinated.

A sad case in Michigan is making headlines nationwide. Although given that MI didn't open up to all adults until April 5, that would probably have been too late for this man.

For those who want to read the last CDC report did where they summarized breakthrough cases regardless of the severity of illness:

Here's an analysis by USA Today as a reaction to some post by someone claiming that the death rate was HIGHER for vaccinated people. Needless to say, that is false.

Note that Camp is not saying this at all. Just that being vaccinated is not a 100% guarantee. However, the clinical trial statistical analysis does make it clear that the risk of serious illness or death due to COVID-19 is way lower than without a vaccination. Meaning after being fully vaccinated (2 weeks after final shot). The statistical analysis plans for both Pfizer and Moderna Phase 3 trials were not designed to try to detect asymptomatic cases. The follow up is 2 years, both for side effects and to see what evidence there is for on-going immunity by looking at antibodies and T-cells.
I read Moderna is saying that you're going to need a booster 8-9 months after the 1st shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back