The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear a mask wherever it's asked to wear one, and I'll still comply with that. At work, we're ditching them as are most other businesses (that I know of) are too in the area.
That's pretty much where I am. I wear a mask whenever not wearing would make others uncomfortable. I think of it as a courtesy rather than a constitutional crisis. OTOH I try avoid places where I need to wear a mask.

mm

That's pretty much where I am. I wear a mask whenever not wearing would make others uncomfortable. I think of it as a courtesy rather than a constitutional crisis. OTOH I try avoid places where I need to wear a mask.

mm

As others have said, I am still not comfortable going inside somewhere with others that I don't know. There seem to just be too many variables, so at least for the time being, I think I'm still going to be wearing masks when inside. When I am outside, I never wore a mask; it wasn't/isn't hard to stay 6' + away from others. I pretty much don't go inside anywhere other than a market or other stores where I really need something. (Which is the way I normally live other than perhaps restaurants, a movie theater, baselodges and vacations. (I know, I know, I'm boring, what can I say).

I get my second shot in a week. By early June I'll be considered vaccinated.

I got vaccinated solely to stop people from asking why I'm not vaccinated. I don't want to be bothered with those questions or the people who ask them. I don't mind wearing a mask if requested and I won't avoid places that require them. I spend the majority of my time outdoors where I have never worn a mask.

So the CDC "guidance" does not really affect me. I only brought it up to show how inept and useless such "guidance" is and how our government abdicates responsibility to the private sector to do the dirty work. Asking private enterprise to play COVID cops just means we all wear masks probably forever in some cases. And this is a major reason why many will choose to not get vaccinated. It's a case of "why bother?" for those folks.

The messaging here is an abomination. I spent my career in sales and the COVID vaccination pitch I've seen so far is the classic "buy it asshole" approach.

I have no idea if CDC is right or wrong, but I'm going with the guidance to some extent.

I'm no longer wearing a mask outdoors as I have been all pandemic. When I was riding my bike, if I was pushing hard, I'd pull it down below my nose, and pull it up if others were around. Now I'm riding maskless and it's a lot of fun. It reminded me of the time I hurt my knee 30 years ago and I couldn't walk. When I could finally walk again it was awesome, and I still appreciate walking more to this day. Simple pleasure.

Skiing I was wearing a mask at all times, with the helmet, taking it on and off was a PITA. When bumps season came around I couldn't get enough air while bumping, so I ditched my mask as I would drop in, back on when I got to the lift.

Indoors, yea I'm not indoors in public much, but I'm still wearing an n95 when I am. It's not like I think I will get covid again, although I'm sure it's a possibility. It just seems to make sense. I am still seeing most everyone around here do the same. I want the unvaxed to wear a mask indoors, so I am doing it too.

^ needs to add a crotch grab in there

I get my second shot in a week. By early June I'll be considered vaccinated.

I got vaccinated solely to stop people from asking why I'm not vaccinated.
You didn't want to get a vaccine that is 95 % effective from getting a virus that could kill you and which you may never know where or when you picked it up to protect yourself? You only got it so people wouldn't ask you why you didn't get it? Perhaps you didn't have an answer to that question?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back