The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
At work..still masks..on trains..still masks. My house..no masks...Guess thats something.
What do you mean? I don’t have to wear a mask in my house. ?

At the moment its the only place..except my short walk to the trains every day. Well at the racetrack almost no one wore them.

I wear a mask wherever it's asked to wear one, and I'll still comply with that. At work, we're ditching them as are most other businesses (that I know of) are too in the area.

Many business owners I speak to here will still require mask usage regardless of vaccination status. It's all well and good that the CDC says it's OK to not wear masks indoors for vaccinated people but there is no standard for how to prove vaccination status. So while the CDC looks like heroes their guidance really means nothing. Pretty typical government "guidance" that leaves the policing to individual businesses. Useless IMO.

Now we will get to hear vaccinated people complaining about wearing masks instead of the science deniers.

Many business owners I speak to here will still require mask usage regardless of vaccination status. It's all well and good that the CDC says it's OK to not wear masks indoors for vaccinated people but there is no standard for how to prove vaccination status. So while the CDC looks like heroes their guidance really means nothing. Pretty typical government "guidance" that leaves the policing to individual businesses. Useless IMO.

Now we will get to hear vaccinated people complaining about wearing masks instead of the science deniers.
I think the CDC is throwing unvaccinated people under the bus a little. They've given up on herd immunity and they'll let the science deniers infect each other while the rest of us get back to our lives safely. That's OK for me but it's tough on young children and others who can't be vaxxed for medical reasons. I'm hoping that hoping that the benefits of the vaccine become so obvious that the whole anti-vax ignorance disappears before some vaccine resistant child friendly variant develops.

mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back