Ski Bowl 3.0 at Gore

It was a real gamble when they blew 46er in February, not knowing how much longer the season would go. Kudos to Gore for doing that.
It's cool to see they've got 46er open today. Only been to the ski bowl once, is it common for Hudson to be closed when 46er is open?

More Gore topography.

"Whiteface has the greatest vertical in the east, but Gore has the most horizontal.” Anonymous.
^^^ Should go into the:

The Wisdom of The Upstate Skier (Truisms, life lessons, pro tips)​

May have “skied” lower tannery a long time ago. I ran cross country back then so may have enjoyed it.
That was my line from a bit before I became a forum contributor, although it has been stolen a few times.

I skied Tannery Out a whole bunch as a patroller. It wasn’t terrible, but I guess I was getting paid to do it, not paying to do it.

That was my line from a bit before I became a forum contributor, although it has been stolen a few times.

It's the kind of line that suggests itself, and likely naturally pops up organically in multiple places.

I see reference to Peter Gay Mountain, are there really any trails on Peter Gay as it is now? I wasn't aware of that. And is the new lift on schedule?

I see reference to Peter Gay Mountain , are there really any trails on Peter gay as it is now? I wasn't aware of that. And is the new lift on schedule?
Pete Gay Mt and Little Pete Gay Mt are on private land owned by Barton Mines.They are adjacent just to the NE of the High Peaks chair.
The new lift and lodge are on hold due to septic questions about where the poop will go; either a new on-site system to serve the lodge or a hookup to the yet to be built (and figure out how to pay for) a North Creek Main St Sewer District.

The new lift and lodge are on hold due to septic questions about where the poop will go; either a new on-site system to serve the lodge or a hookup to the yet to be built (and figure out how to pay for) a North Creek Main St Sewer District.
pOops.

The new Where As’s will fix everything if Resolution #’s 505 & 506 get approval today at the ORDA Board meeting.
After all it’s only time and money.

"WHEREAS, on April 18, 2022, the Board of Directors approved, in part, the following resolutions related to the North Creek Ski Bowl Projects:
• Resolution # 449 entitled “Resolution Committing Capital and Granting Approval for the President & CEO to Enter into Agreements for the Redevelopment of the North Creek Ski Bowl Lodge;”
• Resolution # 450 entitled “Resolution Committing Capital and Granting Approval for the President & CEO to Enter into Agreements for Gore Mountain Summer Operations – Anchor Attraction Project;”
• Resolution # 451 entitled “Resolution Committing Capital and Granting Approval for the President & CEO to Enter into Agreements for Electrical Infrastructure Improvements at the North Creek Ski Bowl;” and
• Resolution # 457 entitled “Resolution Committing Capital and Granting Approval for the President & CEO to Enter into Agreements for Replacement of Gore Mountain’s Hudson Chair with a Four-Person Detachable Chairlift Designed for Year-Round Operations (collectively, the “Resolutions”); and
WHEREAS, the funding approved by the Board for the Resolutions was as follows:
• Resolution # 449 - $19,750,000.00;
• Resolution # 450 - $7,250,000.00;
• Resolution # 451 - $1,280,000.00; and
• Resolution # 457 - $8,761,520.00; and
WHEREAS, in all of the planning for the projects identified in the Resolutions (“Projects”), the Olympic Authority utilized the Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) between the Town of Johnsburg and Front Street Mountain Development (“FSMD”), which provided, in part, that FSMD would accept up to 12,000 gallons of wastewater per day from the new Ski Hut at no cost to the Town or the Olympic Authority for connection or processing; and
WHEREAS, the MOU is an official part of FSMD’s APA permit; and
WHEREAS, following approval of the Resolutions, and after soliciting bids for, and awarding certain contracts, FSMD disclosed that the infrastructure for processing the wastewater was not installed and that FSMD could not accept the wastewater from the proposed lodge; and
WHEREAS, the Town of Johnsburg chose to pursue the installation of a wastewater treatment facility to which the proposed lodge would connect; and
WHEREAS, installation of a wastewater treatment facility has since been approved by the property owners of the established sewer district and the Town has been awarded several grants to construct the facility, which is expected to be completed prior to completion of the Projects; and
WHEREAS, connecting to the Town’s wastewater treatment facility is an alternative that is satisfactory to Olympic Authority staff, who are now ready to move forward with the project under the terms of the amended agreement that is the subject of proposed Resolution # 505; and
WHEREAS, on account of the inflation of construction costs since approval of the Resolutions, the anticipated increased cost of the Projects is approximately as follows:
• Resolution # 449 - $2,750,000.00;
• Resolution # 450 - $2,950,000.00;
• Resolution # 451 - $320,000.00; and
• Resolution # 457 - $681,000.00; and
WHEREAS, the Olympic Authority desires to secure the Board’s approval to expend new capital in the amount of $6,701,000.00 to cover the anticipated increased costs of the Projects; and
WHEREAS, the President & CEO has requested that the Board commit the additional requisite capital for the Projects in the amount of $6,701,000.00; and...
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that Resolutions are hereby amended to increase the capital expenditures authorized thereby as follows:
• Resolution # 449 - $22,500,000.00;
• Resolution # 450 - $10,200,000.00;
• Resolution # 451 - $1,600,000.00; and
• Resolution # 457 - $9,442,520.00; "...

Emphasis added.

So does the poop treatment plant get done before the shiny new projects get done? Place yer bets.
No wonder they wanna extend the ORDA-Town agreement to 2062.

Last edited:
Double wide trailer??? Have you seen the atrocity that they want to build here? It looks like a new terminal at LaGuardia! Fucking ugly like the MVH lodge. At least have it look like the WF midstation.
I'm not crying about the old lodge ,,,, I'm just saying why can't they at least serve something at the present lodge beside a load of BS about the new shiny toy. Every business in town is hurting for help, so ORDA says lets build a year round lodge/restaurant. You mark my words this lodge and the lift will be used sparingly at best, after the first year desperate attempt to save face.
ORDA could build some employee housing with some of that money, but ORDA ignores the problem.
The majority of residents in town (yes, the town where you do not live) are against this fiasco and takeover of our town park year round.
Housing in The Adirondacks article.

Last edited:
The new Where As’s will fix everything if Resolution #’s 505 & 506 get approval today at the ORDA Board meeting.
After all it’s only time and money.

"WHEREAS, on April 18, 2022, the Board of Directors approved, in part, the following resolutions related to the North Creek Ski Bowl Projects:
• Resolution # 449 entitled “Resolution Committing Capital and Granting Approval for the President & CEO to Enter into Agreements for the Redevelopment of the North Creek Ski Bowl Lodge;”
• Resolution # 450 entitled “Resolution Committing Capital and Granting Approval for the President & CEO to Enter into Agreements for Gore Mountain Summer Operations – Anchor Attraction Project;”
• Resolution # 451 entitled “Resolution Committing Capital and Granting Approval for the President & CEO to Enter into Agreements for Electrical Infrastructure Improvements at the North Creek Ski Bowl;” and
• Resolution # 457 entitled “Resolution Committing Capital and Granting Approval for the President & CEO to Enter into Agreements for Replacement of Gore Mountain’s Hudson Chair with a Four-Person Detachable Chairlift Designed for Year-Round Operations (collectively, the “Resolutions”); and
WHEREAS, the funding approved by the Board for the Resolutions was as follows:
• Resolution # 449 - $19,750,000.00;
• Resolution # 450 - $7,250,000.00;
• Resolution # 451 - $1,280,000.00; and
• Resolution # 457 - $8,761,520.00; and
WHEREAS, in all of the planning for the projects identified in the Resolutions (“Projects”), the Olympic Authority utilized the Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) between the Town of Johnsburg and Front Street Mountain Development (“FSMD”), which provided, in part, that FSMD would accept up to 12,000 gallons of wastewater per day from the new Ski Hut at no cost to the Town or the Olympic Authority for connection or processing; and
WHEREAS, the MOU is an official part of FSMD’s APA permit; and
WHEREAS, following approval of the Resolutions, and after soliciting bids for, and awarding certain contracts, FSMD disclosed that the infrastructure for processing the wastewater was not installed and that FSMD could not accept the wastewater from the proposed lodge; and
WHEREAS, the Town of Johnsburg chose to pursue the installation of a wastewater treatment facility to which the proposed lodge would connect; and
WHEREAS, installation of a wastewater treatment facility has since been approved by the property owners of the established sewer district and the Town has been awarded several grants to construct the facility, which is expected to be completed prior to completion of the Projects; and
WHEREAS, connecting to the Town’s wastewater treatment facility is an alternative that is satisfactory to Olympic Authority staff, who are now ready to move forward with the project under the terms of the amended agreement that is the subject of proposed Resolution # 505; and
WHEREAS, on account of the inflation of construction costs since approval of the Resolutions, the anticipated increased cost of the Projects is approximately as follows:
• Resolution # 449 - $2,750,000.00;
• Resolution # 450 - $2,950,000.00;
• Resolution # 451 - $320,000.00; and
• Resolution # 457 - $681,000.00; and
WHEREAS, the Olympic Authority desires to secure the Board’s approval to expend new capital in the amount of $6,701,000.00 to cover the anticipated increased costs of the Projects; and
WHEREAS, the President & CEO has requested that the Board commit the additional requisite capital for the Projects in the amount of $6,701,000.00; and...
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that Resolutions are hereby amended to increase the capital expenditures authorized thereby as follows:
• Resolution # 449 - $22,500,000.00;
• Resolution # 450 - $10,200,000.00;
• Resolution # 451 - $1,600,000.00; and
• Resolution # 457 - $9,442,520.00; "...

Emphasis added.

So does the poop treatment plant get done before the shiny new projects get done? Place yer bets.
No wonder they wanna extend the ORDA-Town agreement to 2062.
The name of this saga now is "As the Poop Flows, Follow Where the Money Goes":poop:;)

Back