Ski Bowl 3.0 at Gore

The ski bowl water comes directly from The Hudson, and will not have snow max as that is added in at the pump house from the Reservoir.
I saw Area 2 at The Ski Bowl on Thurday and chatted abou the new developement. He did mention that the project now does need to get the approval from the NYS Finance Committe, but I would think that is a rubber stamp.
ORDA is making a mockery of the need for more workers that the TOJ needs as well as ORDA themselves, but hey, who needs workers...or a place for the poop to flow... :unsure: :poop:
Is the intake for the Ski Bowl water gonna be upstream or downstream on The Hudson from the sewage treatment plant discharge flow?
Might not need dang SnoMax seeds of microbial proteins. Could be a feature not a bug.

"During ORDA’s June 23 board meeting, the agency’s Board of Directors chairman Joe Martens said the reasons for the project's 17-month delay were “complicated” — but area officials said one obstacle has been North Creek's lack of a municipal sewer system, but a town wastewater treatment system is now in the design and engineering phase and should be constructed within two years."

It’s only been over a dozen years...

Harv, can you explain snowmaking max? I was unaware that Gore had a mandated limit on the amount of snow they could make. I would love nothing more than skiing the first week of January on most of the mountains terrain. So many people have off from work and the mountain would more than make its investment back if conditions were better during that week.

Can you post a link?

I'm aware of the general concept of a snowmaking budget.

I'm also aware of the limits on pumping capacity, both by statue and by system specs.

But I never heard of a limit on the amount of snow. How is that measured? Water used? Money?

Where did you see this?

Is the intake for the Ski Bowl water gonna be upstream or downstream on The Hudson from the sewage treatment plant discharge flow?
Might not need dang SnoMax seeds of microbial proteins. Could be a feature not a bug.

"During ORDA’s June 23 board meeting, the agency’s Board of Directors chairman Joe Martens said the reasons for the project's 17-month delay were “complicated” — but area officials said one obstacle has been North Creek's lack of a municipal sewer system, but a town wastewater treatment system is now in the design and engineering phase and should be constructed within two years."
Article says, "to commit $6.7 million more to the Ski Bowl development than the $30 million or so appropriated to the project 17 months ago. The increase in projected cost was attributed to inflation."
That would make a 20% inflation rate. This isn't Zimbabwe......

Back