Regular, Premium, MPG and AWD

Out of curiosity, what the price of gas down there? Here in the Hinterlands, we are paying anywhere from $2.05 to $2.15 CAD per litre for regular, depending where you buy gas. In our town, it is $2.06/L which translates to $6.08 per US gallon. Talked with a guy from Sweden last week, he said their price is 20% higher than ours.
Unleaded regular is ~ $4.65 / gallon in NJ. Diesel is $5.99 - $6.09 / gallon. Although I've seen guys price gouging to $6.79. Generally I don't see any point in complaining about gas prices, the market sets them. More concerned about the war in Ukraine and kids getting murdered in their schools.

Unleaded regular is ~ $4.65 / gallon in NJ. Diesel is $5.99 - $6.09 / gallon. Although I've seen guys price gouging to $6.79. Generally I don't see any point in complaining about gas prices, the market sets them.
That's about what I am seeing here too.

Out of curiosity, what the price of gas down there? Here in the Hinterlands, we are paying anywhere from $2.05 to $2.15 CAD per litre for regular, depending where you buy gas. In our town, it is $2.06/L which translates to $6.08 per US gallon. Talked with a guy from Sweden last week, he said their price is 20% higher than ours.

I thought it was almost 4 liters per gallon. Are you also doing something with the exchange rate?

That's about what I am seeing here too.

I thought it was almost 4 liters per gallon. Are you also doing something with the exchange rate?

Google told me that there are 3.78 litres in a US gallon. A litre is slightly bigger than a quart, but it's close. I used a less generous exchange rate than x1000q suggested.

Use 87 on all our vehicles : Just back from Burlington took the 2018 Outback LTD its our Travel car ( only 20 k mikes on it )averaged 35.7 mpg round trip.

The 2014 Rav 4 XLE. (With 64 k on it ) is our everyday driver and for travel about an hr radius that gets approx 30 mpg yr round .

Always use 91 and STABIL in my Ariens snowblower

i have an EGO electric mower and love it .. 60 minute run time , with a 60 minute quick recharger for the Lithium Ion Battery ...quiet , light weight , no maintenence , no fuel, no plug, Will buy an EGO electric trimmer comes with another Lithium I on battery that can be an additional back up for the mower .

If i ever had to replace my Ariens i would buy an EGO ,2 stage electric Snowblower . I have a friend in Potsdam who has had one for now 2 seasons and loves it ..again no maintenance , fuel , plugs etc whats not to like .
The Queen of the Hop bought me a new EGO electric self feed string trimmer today got another Quick Charger and a Lithium Ion Battery that can also back up my mower battery . Used it this afternoon , powerful Quiet really like it and the fact that the battery can be used to extend my mower run time too

One thing I find frustrating is that I seem to get noticeably worse mileage when I use cruise control on the Subaru. I don't remember that being the case with any of my other vehicles. I assume it has to do with the smart cruise being aggressive with the throttle and brakes?

One thing I find frustrating is that I seem to get noticeably worse mileage when I use cruise control on the Subaru. I don't remember that being the case with any of my other vehicles. I assume it has to do with the smart cruise being aggressive with the throttle and brakes?
I never use cruise control. I can always get better MPG than the cruise (with many different makes/models). Until cruise is smart enough to incorporate terrain and over/under shoot the set cruise speed to be most efficient, I don't see that changing. Folks with a led foot that don't drive to the terrain to maximize fuel efficiency probably benefit from cruise control, though.

The only time I use cruise is on long road trips to reduce fatigue. But even then, I usually leave it off as maximizing fuel economy is a game that keeps me engaged when I might otherwise tune out.

This morning county officially hit an average of $5.00/gallon for fuel. We're heading to the Outer Banks next month and won't be taking my daily 3/4 ton driver ;)

Guess I'll have to wheel a sweet Maxima

Back