Question for Single Mountain Season Pass Holders

was a pass holder at gore when my kids were young . I never tire of that mountain, it has so much to offer. could definitely become a pass holder again. something to be said about a home base. when the goods are delivered you know right where to go. these days i basically ski 3 different mountains depending on conditions. all with in 2 hrs of my house. know them like the back of my hand. usually see a familiar face to bomb around with. buying a multi mountain pass and traveling around to ski different mountain does not interest me.

When I originally said "mega-pass" I meant Ikon and Epic.

I’m still a fan of the Freedom Pass model. An old fashioned season pass with reciprocal privileges at some like minded resorts. If Plattekill were on the Indy Pass, the add-on option would be a no brainer.

I’m still a fan of the Freedom Pass model. An old fashioned season pass with reciprocal privileges at some like minded resorts.
The Loveland Pass is the definition of that model. Three days each at approx 30 independent ski areas throughout the west.

ORDA pass fine with us...also property owners there too so that influences our thinking for sure.

Thought a couple years back there was an "add on option" to the ORDA pass....like you could get IKON access for a couple hundred extra bucks. That probably made sense if you were planning a trip out west for a week and add on was cheaper than day tickets. You got your ORDA for 90% of your days and a slight discount on the other 10% of your days you planned to spend @ IKON place.

Here's a thought that will die once I'm done typing it. The state-run resorts should make reciprocal privileges. So ORDA skiers could go to Cannon, Badger Pass, etc. If they kept the prices reasonable it would work like a public option for healthcare and keep the execs at the profit-driven megachains honest.

When I originally said "mega-pass" I meant Ikon and Epic.
that makes sense, I think the places like Jackson hole and killington etc the ones where your only allowed 5 to 7 days a year are not effected (included) like the places that you get unlimited days in on those passes

Here's a thought that will die once I'm done typing it. The state-run resorts should make reciprocal privileges. So ORDA skiers could go to Cannon, Badger Pass, etc. If they kept the prices reasonable it would work like a public option for healthcare and keep the execs at the profit-driven megachains honest.
Like healthcare, I’d rather see skiing be free for all instead of this option

Back