Question for Single Mountain Season Pass Holders

Here’s a radical dea: abolish multi passes and season passes both- entirely. One price for everybody, same every day, no discounts. Each mountain can figure out what they need to get to cover operating costs and get through the summer, maybe make a little bit of margin for the owners. Just be transparent and up front about it.
Thankfully you ain’t running the ski industry, wtf

I got a random IG message today from someone who'd read that Vail owned ORDA, and didn't understand why the ORDA hills weren't on the EPIC Pass.

(Gee I wonder where they got that idea, LOL.)

This person thought it would be great to have those mountains on a cheap pass.

I'm a "regular" season pass holder at Gore and Plattekill. I thought NO WAY do I want that. So I guess I am saying, I don't want my pass price to drop and dozens of other mountains to be included for that price.

Yea, that is what I am saying.

So I ask tradition single mountain pass holders, do you want your mountain to be part of Epic or Ikon?

If your mountain is already part of a mega pass, are you happy with the change?

I have a suspicion I might be in the minority.
No f**king way I want my mountains to join any megapass deal. I deliberately choose the SKI3 and Plattekill because they are not on any of those stupid passes. I'm not a skiing on the cheap kind of guy. So you can keep those megapasses and if any of my current mountains decide to join one I won't ski there anymore.

Similar to Community Supported Agriculture and crowdfunding, I like the way season passes foster a “we are all in this together” kinda feeling. It gives a lot of places a nice home team spirit. Currently there are a lot of nice options for different types of passes which is great. Really don’t want to see it go heavy in one direction though. I like getting a pass or being a member or getting discounted tickets at the gas station or local ski shop or just buying a day pass. I would guess the majority of mega passers make it to two mountains, three tops. I personally don’t need 130 options on one pass. Even if I had a Sprinter van and time off to travel the country I probably would end up ski touring and going to the little guys that still put tickets on wickets.

Yeah. Charging all your customers the same fair price is unthinkable.
Every Mtn is different, every customer is different, a Boy Scout troop that comes in with 60 kids is going to get the rate of one kid skiing, ? Really

The
Every Mtn is different, every customer is different, a Boy Scout troop that comes in with 60 kids is going to get the rate of one kid skiing, ? Really

The pricing today the boy scouts may pay more. These mountains not making money... That pre or post covid money?

A Boy Scout troop with 60 kids could probably rent Platty for the best rate

I had been buying the frequent skier card the past few years and bought a season pass this year at Gore/Belleayre/Whiteface. Best all around purchase I've made in a while - love it and we go as much as we can. I know it's not a megapass but I feel like it gives options. We've hit Belleayre when it dumps there and we're going up to Whiteface for a couple days too and otherwise ski Gore. I will say that we have hopes of taking a trip to Colorado next year (or whenever it's safe to travel) and at that point I'll have to do the math and see if it makes sense to buy some kind of megapass that will allow me to ski out west and some mountains here on the East (likely in VT). But otherwise I don't think I would consider a megapass.

Back