Question for Single Mountain Season Pass Holders

I think that this year is finally proving that the mega multi resort pass is a failure. The crowd issues are pretty bad at Ikon hills, and Epic hills arent far behind.

I don't think this would work. Maybe it would but why isn't anyone doing it?
Because they need to sell passes in the off season to spread the money out

Because they need to sell passes in the off season to spread the money out
Yeah, I think this is right. Discounted early purchase season passes help mountains get through the summer. My idea would require effective planning and cash management. I have no expectation that anyone will try it.

They need the money in summer when they do infrastructure upgrades.

Plus passes allow for a community of first and second homeowners to spring up. With all that goes with it. Rentals, F&B, etc.

1) I ask tradition single mountain pass holders, do you want your mountain to be part of Epic or Ikon?

2) If your mountain is already part of a mega pass, are you happy with the change?
1) Nope.
2) If ya count Song and Lab I have already have a multi-mega pass. Having two hills is a plus.
Gore's FSC may count for something when the courage to visit is warranted .

Would you ski less if you couldn’t buy a season pass? I’m pretty sure lots of people who would ski 2-5 times a year don’t go anymore because window prices are a deterrent

Pass holding race program participants are a big piece of the ski area pie. It insures the survival of the little guys

I guess I would ask if the season pass is a vital part of that equation. Coaches, multiple race skis, tuning etc are very expensive. Race parents pour tons of money into the sport. If a cheap season pass weren’t available would Mount Peter’s race program collapse? I doubt it.

Not all race parents are rich. If Mount Peter or Thunder Ridge didn’t have a race program they would soon close.

I didn’t say they were rich, just that they spend tons of money on skiing. And Mount Peter and Thunder Ridge would survive without racing. They’re probably healthier financially then most independent full Sized hills. Don't worry. Nobody is going to abolish their season pass anytime soon. I said it was a radical idea.

Back