Question for Single Mountain Season Pass Holders

This year is great because of abundant snowfall and a lot of people are headed to the hills. In lean snow years though and when conditions suck it’s the race programs and pass holders that keep the lights on.

F the mega passes they are like gym memberships they over sell the crap out of em
ski trails like golf holes change daily with weather, conditions etc unless you’re further south like Whitetail, Massanutten etc where machine made snow makes it like ground hog day all over again
even on the same given day you can see blue sky on one Killington resort cam and see snow squalls on another.

I think the Indy pass is a good combo of both, you get multiple places to ski, but not unlimited.

I think the Indy pass is a good combo of both, you get multiple places to ski, but not unlimited.
Because indy doesn't own everything the don't change the culture of the mtn.

A few years ago when vail was looking at my home mountain (blue) most were disappointed the sale didn't go through, now after seeing what's going on at the vail pokin'hoes hills it's a blessing.

I think that this year is finally proving that the mega multi resort pass is a failure. The crowd issues are pretty bad at Ikon hills, and Epic hills arent far behind.
So in a once in 100 years pandemic, the mega pass is proved to be a failure? That is some wacky logic.

The mega pass is not a failure for people who purchase the passes, especially this season. They mostly do not have to deal with the reservation system. That is a big deal. They are also affordable if you plan to ski more than about 8 days over different areas or even 8 days at one area. They have really cut the season pass cost at some ski areas vs previous season pass prices.

As for Gore - no surprise that the Gore pass holders do not want Gore on a major multi pass. Maybe a multi pass would add some cash flow to improve the snowmaking horsepower and keep certain lifts operating midweek. Then the complaining would have to switch over to crowding instead of snowmaking and lift closures. ;)

I think Gore was on a multi pass a few seasons back. I wonder what the numbers said about that season.

So in a once in 100 years pandemic, the mega pass is proved to be a failure? That is some wacky logic.

The mega pass is not a failure for people who purchase the passes, especially this season. They mostly do not have to deal with the reservation system. That is a big deal. They are also affordable if you plan to ski more than about 8 days over different areas or even 8 days at one area. They have really cut the season pass cost at some ski areas vs previous season pass prices.

As for Gore - no surprise that the Gore pass holders do not want Gore on a major multi pass. Maybe a multi pass would add some cash flow to improve the snowmaking horsepower and keep certain lifts operating midweek. Then the complaining would have to switch over to crowding instead of snowmaking and lift closures. ;)

I think Gore was on a multi pass a few seasons back. I wonder what the numbers said about that season.
No the Ikon mountains were stupid crowded last season, and then there was that awesome lift line one day at chair 5 at Vail you may have seen a picture of.

Hey, personally I love these passes, bought one or two for years. But, they are really screwing up the experience at a lot of hills, so much so that a lot of managers are probably thinking twice about joining up if they don't have to.

The managers might be thinking twice but the executives definitely aren't. Ski areas are one of the very few sectors of the economy that are thriving this year. Demand has soared while supply has shrunk. I'd be shocked if prices for the megapasses don't go up dramatically next year.

Back