Poll: The Impact of the Epic Pass

What is the impact of the Epic Pass?

• • I don't have an Epic Pass.

• • I have an Epic Pass because it was the best option for me.

• • I have an Epic Pass because my mountain is a Vail mountain.

• I don't see any impact of the Epic Pass, positive or negative.

• Epic is good for skiers.

• Epic is bad for skiers.

• Epic is good for member mountains.

• Epic is bad for member mountains.

• Epic is good for the ski business longterm.

• Epic is bad for the ski business longterm.

• Epic is good for skiing.

• It's not that it's evil, it's just that it's bad.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jesus. I didn't know half of that. You're speaking my language though.
The pa state ski association ended the fourth and fifth grade program, not vail, and Covid may have something to do with it, vail does a lot of early school programs, funded by the Katz’s

We're seeing the beginning effects of a monopoly. I don't know what constitutes US antitrust violations but seems they are moving forward creating an effective monopoly. What irks me is a lot of mountains operate on public lands.
I hate to say it but it might be time to start sending some emails to your state and federal representatives about concerns of the Vail monopoly. I really have no experience in this area and I'm probably pissing in the wind, but I think I may contact my reps. The more people voice the concern seems could be better.
Does anybody know why the folks (KSL Capital Partners) who own the marketers of The Ikon Pass (Alterra) have under “investments” a link on their web page to Whistler-Blackcomb? asking for a friend.

KSL is a privately held outfit while the “owners” of W-B is Vail Resorts Inc., allegedly.
Passes to W-B run thru Vail Resorts Inc Epic pass system...

Nothing to see here folks, please stay in yer designated line and/or lane. Have an Epic-Iconic day.

Hmmph nope, these are the folks that just bought Blue Mountain and own Camelback in peeyay. All very hush hush as to what they actually own v. manage and where this is all going

KSL has owned 24% of Whistler for the past 10 years. This press release doesn't make it seem very "hush hush."

So, when 75% of W-B was sold to Vail Resorts Inc., KSL just held onto what KSL already owned.
KSL holding onto MTN stock made them significant dinero.
Whistler-Blackcomb is Huge.

Ikon (Alterra/KSL)) and Epic are in bed together.

Last edited:
Back