Poll: The Impact of the Epic Pass

What is the impact of the Epic Pass?

• • I don't have an Epic Pass.

• • I have an Epic Pass because it was the best option for me.

• • I have an Epic Pass because my mountain is a Vail mountain.

• I don't see any impact of the Epic Pass, positive or negative.

• Epic is good for skiers.

• Epic is bad for skiers.

• Epic is good for member mountains.

• Epic is bad for member mountains.

• Epic is good for the ski business longterm.

• Epic is bad for the ski business longterm.

• Epic is good for skiing.

• It's not that it's evil, it's just that it's bad.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is there anyway to figure out the number of skiers in a season?

I don't know how you could do it. I think a single mountain could do it, but collectively... can't imagine how.

They calculated the visits for the 22-23 season but the season tain’t over yet.
Killington is still gonna be open along with the places outwest that still have lots of snow.
It ain’t over till it’s over.

It just won’t stop out here. I’ve been watching it snow most days the last two weeks up in the high country of Utah.

We are open this weekend. I was stoked to ski some sunny corn but….

420A3690-9D80-4CCA-AE51-7F7B9D22EC2A.jpeg

Why do you say that? Not disputing it since I have no idea- just curious what your reasoning is.
I was able to ski a bunch of afternoons - 2pm-4pm in Vt on Fridays by leaving midmorning from NJ for the weekend and taking calls on the way to VT. If I did not have a season pass, I would never even consider skiing from 2pm-4pm. This is one example of where the extra visits are coming from.

I was able to ski a bunch of afternoons - 2pm-4pm in Vt on Fridays by leaving midmorning from NJ for the weekend and taking calls on the way to VT. If I did not have a season pass, I would never even consider skiing from 2pm-4pm. This is one example of where the extra visits are coming from.
At the resorts I skied at this past winter, it was clear that Fridays are part of the "weekend" for locals as well as travelers. That impression is based partially on how early we needed to get to a parking lot on a Friday. In some cases, needed to be as early as Sundays used to be. Saturday mornings were always the busiest from a parking standpoint.

Alta and other resorts that have implement paid parking for weekends mean Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

The Northeast Epic Value Pass is $555 for an adult (18-64), senior (65-79) and teen (13-17) rates are $416, while the college (18-99) rate is $389. Includes 10 non-peak days at Stowe and only non-peak days at the other NE Epic destination resorts (Hunter, Mt. Snow, Okemo). Planning a non-peak long weekend that included a Friday afternoon plus a couple other day trips to Hunter from the NYC/NJ area seems like breakeven already.

Wonder how many NE Value Passes are sold to NYC/NJ residents in comparison to Epic Local?

Did some northeast resorts add a 1-location midweek season pass as a reaction to the pandemic? Or has that option existed for a while?

Back