ORDA Funding

Does anyone know how much of an impact the World University Games will have on the ski experience for locals/passholders? I'd have to think it will be great for North Creek/Lake Placid and the surrounding areas. My wife, on the other hand, has suggested we potentially think about buying passes elsewhere next season...

IMO, nordic skiers have benefited from the improvements at Mount van Ho. I'll still buy a season pass there. If I have to ski at Dewey Mt or the VIC for a few days, it's all good.

Front Street (developer at the base of NC Ski Bowl) was supposed to build wastewater/sewage treatment plant, not the town. I do not know were this is today. The approvals for this project came in 2008.
Read this from April 12, 2008, for a laugh:
Folks talked about it the ol' Woodstove archives. It’s been a while.

At least I am consistent:).

Hopefully, it will be quicker with the new self-propelled, electric-powered, hybrid chairlift, rail, zig-zagging zip line, similar to a mountain coaster, thingy. ?
How come yer so smart and/or lucky guessing?
It could be a double thingy. ?

Last edited:
Didn't see that coming!
Yer a local property tax payer and fan of Gore.
The Jan 18th Johnsburg Town Board Meeting had Bone and Pratt discuss the new stuff.
They zoomed the meeting for the lodge/zipline Hudson lift relocation presentation. It’s the 1st hr but ya can speed it up.
It’s here if ya want to see what’s planning to come.

I believe one of the guys commenting on that thread got tired of waiting and moved his family to Park City.

I do feel like other places do a better job of making their town attractive places to live. And I don’t think a zipline/mountain coaster really adds much to that. A North Creek Village/Ski Bowl/Top of Burnt Ridge Gondola would be cool though.

I believe one of the guys commenting on that thread got tired of waiting and moved his family to Park City.

I do feel like other places do a better job of making their town attractive places to live. And I don’t think a zipline/mountain coaster really adds much to that. A North Creek Village/Ski Bowl/Top of Burnt Ridge Gondola would be cool though.
Top of BR or to the main base area?

Does anyone know how much of an impact the World University Games will have on the ski experience for locals/passholders? I'd have to think it will be great for North Creek/Lake Placid and the surrounding areas. My wife, on the other hand, has suggested we potentially think about buying passes elsewhere next season...
Great question. It seems like it is 10 days or so; if correct, then that doesn't seem like the biggest deal. Two weekends of bad parking and you'll need to just go up once and stay in a pod away from the base to avoid lines?

Back