ORDA Funding

Does ORDA need to build this lodge to accommodate the World University Games?

ORDA does not allow Gore to host international events. They have beds to fill in Lake Placid.

Article talks about $92 million to upgrade Olympic facilities, so I'm thinking of Whiteface other than Gore.

Does ORDA need to build this lodge to accommodate the World University Games?
Does anyone know how much of an impact the World University Games will have on the ski experience for locals/passholders? I'd have to think it will be great for North Creek/Lake Placid and the surrounding areas. My wife, on the other hand, has suggested we potentially think about buying passes elsewhere next season...

ORDA does not allow Gore to host international events. They have beds to fill in Lake Placid.
The World University Games in 23 will also be at Gore. It’s why the took out the trees on the right of Arena looking up.
Dang boarders, twisting jumpers and all that fun stuff. Should be interesting.

The World University Games in 23 will also be at Gore. It’s why the took out the trees on the right of Arena looking up.
Dang boarders, twisting jumpers and all that fun stuff. Should be interesting.
I stand corrected- this will be a first. It looks like the snowboard racing for sure. The skier/SB cross might be at Gore, and the slopestyle/jumping for skis and SB might be at the Olympic Jumping Center.

That lodge plan makes absolutely no sense. Why wouldn't they use those funds to improve the main base lodge at Gore, which is grim, dirty and completely charmless? The bathrooms are gross, the lighting is awful and as I mentioned to CMR as we were eating in the cold, dark, back room of the lower level, "is designed to make sure you don't linger a minute longer than absolutely necessary". With limited parking and terrain at the ski bowl, I can't imagine how the restaurant will be sustainable if the interconnect is not open, and even if it is, getting to the ski bowl and back from the main mountain is a big time commitment.

Back