ORDA Funding

They’ll use some $ to blow snow so the folks that own the land they swapped the state for a few years ago can ski to their houses, & condos.
They’d be nice places and increase the tax base.
Now if they can shut down the black flies and put in a golf course you’d really have something. ...
And dig a lake

In truth I'd heard this from a source inside ORDA years ago. Not the mega lodge but the mountain coaster zipline thing.
These posts of yers earlier today in the Gore conditions thread makes me believe ya didn’t see it coming but may have had some sense of it coming.

So glad there are no slopeside condos.

and

Gore marches forward in a slow way, but they do continuously move forward. They may not do what you (I) want first. It may not be what the GM wants either. IMO gondolas and lodges and stuff are often dreams of governors.
I've said this before, I enjoy almost everything Gore has done. All the new terrain since 2000 is just wow IMO. But I also like the fact that it happens slowly.

WTF? A rail zip line? That’s so dumb. How about practical things like trails that are open and a pedestrian / skier bridge that connects the town?

WTF? A rail zip line? That’s so dumb. How about practical things like trails that are open and a pedestrian / skier bridge that connects the town?
FerrellCrazy.jpg

creating new jobs for area residents
They can't even fill the jobs they have
Pratt predicted that the zipline and lodge would be open as soon as fall 2023
Lmao at that timeline
developing new ski trails
They can't even open what they have, at Gore or Whiteface. Don't deface the mountain by cutting even more ski trails on it that will never be open. As gung ho NY is about forever wild. I have not once been to Gore when Hudson chair was open and usually Burnt Ridge isn't running either, and half of the high peak trails seem like they're usually closed as well.

I love Gore, love the Adirondacks, I would hate to see Gore become yet another amusement park like Camelback or Mountain Creek or Montage. I however am not a NYS taxpayer so my opinion ultimately means nothing.

Unless they make an easier connection to the main lodge this will be useless for skiing the main mountain. Echo is usually closed for racing so you have to take Hedges to the North Quad to the Saddle and the way back is worse on flat Pipeline.
With Echo closed for racing the Burnt Ridge Quad essentially only services Sagamore.

Unless they make an easier connection to the main lodge this will be useless for skiing the main mountain. Echo is usually closed for racing so you have to take Hedges to the North Quad to the Saddle and the way back is worse on flat Pipeline.
With Echo closed for racing the Burnt Ridge Quad essentially only services Sagamore.
That’ll be the push for the old "new tram" plan.
;)

Last edited:
$30 million for one lodge seems ridiculously high. Although the State could have saved money by not tearing down the Thruway rest area buildings to the ground to "renovate" them.

Back