ORDA Funding

60 dollar Zip Line? a one and done for most, included on a season pass?
My fear is they are going to ruin the Mt Biking with possible lift served using existing trails
My question, why not build a legit downhill bike course on both Wild Air and Sleighride designed to complement the winter snow course they host, would save a lot of snow for other trails.
It is also my understanding the summer opts cede at the big mountain when the Ski Bowl becomes operational. No more high peak view!

I’m pretty sure the UMP (is that is what it’s called?) has a lift from ski bowl to main gore base area. They should put that in instead of zippy thing - it’s the only way to ever get private development at ski bowl if that’s what they want - there can never be enough snow blown for consistent ‘ski-in/ski-out’ via interconnect. it could be an upload/download real estate/parking lift for the vast majority of time when interconnect isn’t open.

Having said that, I kind of like the ski bowl the way it is, although I have always thought an outdoor eating/drinking patio deck on the current lodge would be great. $30m could get the lift to the main base and a hell of a patio.

I’m pretty sure the UMP (is that is what it’s called?) has a lift from ski bowl to main gore base area. .
Do this (but extend the lift down to the village after the ski bowl stop) and then thin out the woods around the liftline & in strategic places (like the mtb connection to Beck’s) & make it an awesome XCD area.

-my wish list included a proper lighted skating rink, lighted sledding hill,
In the NC mountains, the town of Beech Mountain has a free sledding hill. Complete with snowmaking and monitors. Supposed to be for children and accompanying adults only. Bring your own sliding item. Cardboard is accepted. It's very popular. That's a reason to drive up the mountain to stay there and ski Beech instead of Sugar.

Sugar and Beech have ice skating rinks. So does Stowe. Taos does too as of 2021-22.

In the NC mountains, the town of Beech Mountain has a free sledding hill. Complete with snowmaking and monitors. Supposed to be for children and accompanying adults only. Bring your own sliding item. Cardboard is accepted. It's very popular. That's a reason to drive up the mountain to stay there and ski Beech instead of Sugar.

Sugar and Beech have ice skating rinks.
If ya go to Beech in early January ya have a chance at a free geyser and free bottoms of yer skis washed if yer unlucky.

1646224652955.png

Back