ORDA Funding

It seems like it is 10 days or so; if correct, then that doesn't seem like the biggest deal. Two weekends of bad parking and you'll need to just go up once and stay in a pod away from the base to avoid lines?
They’ll be needing extra staff. Get a job helping for a couple weeks & just ski the bowl at night if it’s open.

Maybe bottom of BR then onto main base area.
I have seen drawings of a similar gondola proposal without the stop at the bottom of Burnt Ridge. A Burnt Ridge stop would be smart. This gondola would make the new Ski Bowl lodge/parking usable from the first day of the season and also make Front St/Ski Bowl Village truly slopeside.

Didn’t the old red Gondi make a stop too or was that just for direction change? It’s been awhile.

Hopefully, it will be quicker with the new self-propelled, electric-powered, hybrid chairlift, rail, zig-zagging zip line, similar to a mountain coaster, thingy. ?
The Kiwis are working onit.

Relax, come out to the coaster, have a few laughs...

Way too much mechanics and technology, not to mention money. Whatever happened to zorbing? You can get a decent ball online for $1,000.

Bottom line this shit has nothing to do with winter operations.
Bottom line is NY State is “paying” and ORDA is planning whatever it is, so there’s that.

Plans are underway for the North Creek Ski Bowl to host a new $30 million lodge that will be open year-round and offer a variety of amenities — and for an innovative, all-season "rail zipline" to be constructed.

Everyone around here assumes NYS is paying, but is there a P and L out there for the 3 mountains over the past five years or so? Major capital investments aside, do they actually lose money?

Few notes:
-yes, there are plans to build a NC sewer system. I believe there were 4 options on the table, 2 of which the town sewer commission basically said "ain't happening". Trying to balance land availability, capital costs, and operating expenses. I look forward to it happening at some point....whichever of the 2 viable choices comes to fruition.

-30 mil for the ski bowl project--yeah that does seem high. It's an ambitious project for sure and will take many years to actually happen. I'm personally torn a bit on it---as a pseudo-local I'd like to see some investment in facilities, especially as I use them pretty regularly. A proper lodge with patio and open air indoor seating at the base of the ski slopes--that's open year round--would be cool. The ski bowl is an incredible place to have available for both winter and summer. The mountain biking is legit and the hiking is pretty good too---it's hard to believe theres no mountain bike rentals or outfitters. Whether or not NYS should be propping that up via this project is another debate, but it's hard to argue just having that type of infrastructure and support would be bad. Zipline coaster? Yuck. I certainly rated that low on the survey but hey, this project was in motion before they bothered with the survey results.

-downtown NC and even Gore attracts a surprising amount of visitors in the summer. They love the little town, they love the gondola and chairlift rides, they love the rafting. There's a lot more that can be done for that segment. I shake my head seeing all those folks pay 25 bucks for a gondi ride, but there's a lot of people that do it.

-my wish list included a proper lighted skating rink, lighted sledding hill, and expanded bike trail network.

-if they really wanted to connect the ski bowl, a lift from the ski bowl base to top of burnt ridge as well as cutting Abenaki trail for easier beginner/intermediate access down to the bowl from burnt ridge. that'd go a long way and would be used, IMO

Back