ORDA Funding

Why wouldn't they use those funds to improve the main base lodge at Gore
Hard to disagree with this. The main Gore lodge is certainly the most primitive of the three. Much of Gore is new(ish) and modern. I'd bet the base lodge is the oldest piece of major infrastructure.

The order of operations has always been a thing. It's not new, and as long as decisions like this are made in Albany, it is what it is.

getting to the ski bowl and back from the main mountain is a big time commitment.
Hopefully, it will be quicker with the new self-propelled, electric-powered, hybrid chairlift, rail, zig-zagging zip line, similar to a mountain coaster, thingy. ?

In concert with this lodge they need to better connect the bowl by putting in the trail from Burnt Ridge to the Pipeline. Also when the interconnect was first proposed one of the main justifications was to connect Gore with North Creek. At the time there were plans to build a hotel and condos near the base. I believe those have not happened yet because the town lacks capacity in its sewer system. The article referenced indicates the town is upgrading its system so maybe those will occur. Gore would have more weekday terrain open if they had more weekday business and I believe this project is a step in that direction.

I believe those have not happened yet because the town lacks capacity in its sewer system.
I believe they lack a town sewer system in general? Someone more local can probably confirm, but definitely 15 years ago it was all individual septics in North Creek.

I stand corrected- this will be a first. It looks like the snowboard racing for sure. The skier/SB cross might be at Gore, and the slopestyle/jumping for skis and SB might be at the Olympic Jumping Center.
Between January 12 and 22 in 2023,
Whiteface Mountain will host Winter World University Games competition events in Slalom, Giant Slalom, Super-G, and Mixed Parallel Alpine skiing.

Gore Mountain
will be the competition site for freestyle skiing and free ski events, and snowboard competitions including Ski Cross, Big Air, Slopestyle, Snowboard Cross, Parallel Slalom, and Parallel Giant Slalom.

Between January 12 and 22 in 2023,
Whiteface Mountain will host Winter World University Games competition events in Slalom, Giant Slalom, Super-G, and Mixed Parallel Alpine skiing.

Gore Mountain
will be the competition site for freestyle skiing and free ski events, and snowboard competitions including Ski Cross, Big Air, Slopestyle, Snowboard Cross, Parallel Slalom, and Parallel Giant Slalom.

When you look at the official web site, it is not clear exactly what is happening at Gore.

In concert with this lodge they need to better connect the bowl by putting in the trail from Burnt Ridge to the Pipeline. Also when the interconnect was first proposed one of the main justifications was to connect Gore with North Creek. At the time there were plans to build a hotel and condos near the base. I believe those have not happened yet because the town lacks capacity in its sewer system. The article referenced indicates the town is upgrading its system so maybe those will occur. Gore would have more weekday terrain open if they had more weekday business and I believe this project is a step in that direction.
Front Street (developer at the base of NC Ski Bowl) was supposed to build wastewater/sewage treatment plant, not the town. I do not know were this is today. The approvals for this project came in 2008.
Read this from April 12, 2008, for a laugh:

Front Street (developer at the base of NC Ski Bowl) was supposed to build wastewater/sewage treatment plant, not the town. I do not know were this is today. The approvals for this project came in 2008.
Subprime debacle ring a bell?

I sure wish that would actually happen. It would be so cool to have that in NC, it's such a beautiful area of the Dacks.

Back