Gore Mountain Conditions

Good fun today. Definitely some traffic, I’ve never had to park in an overflow lot that early before. Lines at the base were never too bad, although I was riding the singles line all day. Straightbrook and Topridge chairs were busy in the morning but cleared out once people learned how tough conditions were up top. Lots of exposed hardpack between the big bumps by mid morning. Saw a couple injuries happen.

After lunch Patrol opened Hullabaloo which had the best snow on the mountain, if you could manage the Gorebet’s couloir in the middle section. Many could not.

Enjoy it while you can!

Good day today. Not enough snow but enough to greatly improve the skiing. ROTD was Hawkeye and Hulabaloo. Hawkeye had nice zipper bumps at the end of the day with some icy but skiable troughs.

Good day today. Not enough snow but enough to greatly improve the skiing. ROTD was Hawkeye and Hulabaloo. Hawkeye had nice zipper bumps at the end of the day with some icy but skiable troughs.
Hawkeye was pretty terrible and hullabaloo was closed?

Hawkeye was pretty terrible and hullabaloo was closed?
Did Hawkeye early and was fun but starting to get icey in between the powder bumps, later in the day it was likely pretty difficult. Hullabaloo was opened around noon and had a lot of traffic. It was pretty cut up man made snow with some difficult drops that a few kids flew over. Open pit was also interesting with some whales and cut up man made. Skied 5 hours and my old legs were shot. Going back tomorrow.

Lines at the base were never too bad
1000003911.jpg

Never too bad? Let's not sugarcoat having a major lift down on a busy weekend.

Today was best if you stayed on the upper mountain all day, and my best day so far this season.

1000003913.jpg

1000003916.jpg

1000003924.jpg

1000003928.jpg

1000003933.jpg

Definitely best day so far - hope they can groom it all in to help build base - more snow coming Tue before rain on Wed.

Interesting to see both gore skiers and lifties having to load chairs like North, Top Ridge and High Peaks to full capacity. We’re spoiled by usually having room to spread out at Gore. It’s amazing how many skiers don’t know how to count to 3 or 4, or align themselves correctly for a full chair. And don’t get me started on people not knowing how to use a single line on Topridge - I appreciated that they had one but several parties seemed to think it was just another line merging with the main line.

Anyway, enough of being a grumpy old man - so glad to finally have snow!

Back