Gore Mountain Conditions

I probably do not want to know the answer... Could someone who knows the correct people ask for me "What is the update on the Bear Cub Quad?" I have tried asking at the mountain but have gotten multiple answers. And honestly do not know who to ask. Gore? ORDA? What concerns me is the Daily Snow Report no longer even mentions the Cub Quad.Yes, it is still on the chart but never a written comment. Daily we get a mention of the Gondola. But never a single mention of the Cub Quad. Does this mean the new and highly promoted lift is simply not going to run? At least for the immediate future? Weeks? Month? Entire season? A grand opening ceremony and not much else. Personally I suspect a 'warranty' issue with the manufacturer or the installer. Just the type of "We can not comment because of ongoing legal concerns" stall that government agencies are famous for. A little transparency from ORDA would be appreciated.
The Bear cub quad was running today at 11am and when I left, taking passengers too.

I skied 12-3 today, something I almost never do but figured with the Gondi down and no new snow I would avoid the crowd at the AE, which I did.

Nice to be out, sadly only 3rd day this year, but conditions were weird. Visuals were tough with the top 2/3 socked in. I was disappointed no Open Pit or Topridge. Hawkeye and Chati were ok. ROTD was Uncas/Lower Uncas/Tannery - words I have never said before. Snow was most consistent top to bottom on Uncas, and no one on it. Lapped it several times.

I’ll be there early tomorrow…

The Bear cub quad was running today at 11am and when I left, taking passengers too.
I saw the Cub Quad was green lighted for tomorrow. Even better news that it was actually running today. I have the chance to go on Monday... So I will see if it is scheduled to run on Monday after the snow on Sunday. I have fingers crossed it does not become just a 'weekend' lift. Thanks for the update.

1000004455.jpg

Today was pure fun and lots of smiles. Open Pit was icy and gnarly. Headwaters and Twister and Tannery perfectly joyful.

Reactions: SDC
Back