Gore Mountain Conditions

What other lift are they supposed to run at the base that would shorten the line with the gondola waiting for a gearbox?

Not enough...great skiing early, super packed but having the AE as the only lift to get up...the slopes were crowded but manageable. We need white not wet this week
Super fun day yesterday, agree on the AE2 only issues and crowds. We got out early, on the AE2 line by 8:15, waited for the rope drop to High Peaks instead of going back down and waiting on AE2 line again. High Peaks stopped for what felt like hours but was probably less than 10 minutes while were were right near Upper Darby. Wasn't fun. But once we got out had some great runs Hawkeye before it got skied off, and Top Ridge. Twister was also a blast and plenty of fresh snow (albeit thin cover) on the sides later in the day. Called it a day around 12:15.

Hawkeye was pretty terrible and hullabaloo was closed?
I didn't understand why Hullabaloo was closed. People were poaching it left and right, patrollers looked like they were setting up traps to catch people. It was odd. Open put was downright scary with the whales, but Hullabaloo wasn't open?

What other lift are they supposed to run at the base that would shorten the line with the gondola waiting for a gearbox?
With Gondola down the only way to the summit from the base is via High Peaks. It also seems to be reducing traffic on Top Ridge and Uncas while increasing it to the North Quad. The top of Ruby was untracked yesterday mid morning. They seem to say "middle of next week" for when the Gondola is back. Does that mean before or after MLK?

The lines weren’t too bad. It would have been better if they had put up a corral and a singles line at the AE2 and even better if they had opened HPQ earlier. It’s like they weren’t expecting a crowd today.

Today was my best day this year even with the crowd. Mostly good surfaces. Uncas was the run of the day.

The soup was chicken noodle but I didn’t like the way it looked. The chili had hardly any meat.

mm

This was the queue to get to High Peaks chair around 9:20 Saturday morning,. Went all the way up the hill into Upper Wood In. Next lap there was no line at all. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_9472.jpg
    IMG_9472.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 84
Back