Gore Mountain Conditions

I am in the Glens Falls area. Gore around an hour. Whiteface probably 1 3/4 hours. Belleyre well over 2.5 hours in dry conditions so likely not an option. BTW the Snow Conditions update for Friday again shows B Cub Quad still not running. Since they are now running the J Bar daily it would appear the Cub Quad is all but abandoned. Major disappointment for me and a huge waste of $$$ and effort! My Grandson is in the I SKI NY Passport program for 4th graders which gets him 2 free days with an adult ticket holder at a number of NYS Ski centers. Gore being one, so I might have to make the trip a couple more times so he gets to use the passport. Still does not let me forgive Gore.

My Grandson is in the I SKI NY Passport program for 4th graders which gets him 2 free days with an adult ticket holder at a number of NYS Ski centers. Gore being one, so I might have to make the trip a couple more times so he gets to use the passport.
2 days each at a number of NY places for 3rd & 4th graders is a sweet deal.
Still does not let me forgive Gore.
Consider yourself Gored with bruises.
Had an ORDA infrequent skier card one time & never used it that season.
I forgave them but learned a lesson. Gore media overhypes things inaccurately.
Forgiveness is a virtue.
I ❤️ Gore mountain ⛷️.

West Mountain's beginner slope has an orange plastic mesh fence at the bottom. They are constantly begging moms, dads, and grandparents like me to stay behind the fence. Why? Because sooner or later a young helmeted missile will come bombing down the slope while a parent is screaming "pizza, pizza, pizza" ! Guess the kid preferred 'french fries" to "pizza". Funny... but only when no one gets hurt.

Yup.
Snoop Dog.
Ya can read about it here with pics.
Lots of interesting ski trip reading folks moved over. (y)

Sparkle City has Pig Rock above it along the road.

Last edited:
On a separate note... When I give up on Gore, should I consider WhiteFace? It is an extra 30 minutes away, may be even more. Any terrain there I might be able to ski with the Frequent Skier Card? I believe, I was warned to avoid the "mixing bowl" at the bottom of the hill as being congested with a few too many bombers? Or was that a different mountain?
The terrain off the Falcon Flyer lift at Whiteface is exactly what you are looking for. If you made the drive up to Whiteface you'll have a great time. Note that this lift is off the Bear Den lodge, not the main lodge (so you will avoid the congestion you were concerned about). I am not sure what parking is link now that the new lift is in, but it used to be very convenient most of the time.

Hawkeye yesterday had massive whales. That's the good news. The bad news is that they graded it last night. Sic transit gloria! It was good while it lasted.

Attachments

• IMG_9695.jpeg
    IMG_9695.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 53
West Mountain's beginner slope has an orange plastic mesh fence at the bottom. They are constantly begging moms, dads, and grandparents like me to stay behind the fence. Why? Because sooner or later a young helmeted missile will come bombing down the slope while a parent is screaming "pizza, pizza, pizza" ! Guess the kid preferred 'french fries" to "pizza". Funny... but only when no one gets hurt.
Kids won't pay attention to an instructor if a parent is watching. If even one parent is watching the whole group can be disrupted. If a kid missile took out a parent that would be a feature, not a bug, at least for the instructor.

mm

Belle’s beginner bowl is downright hazardous.
It was much better when it was up the hill to the right, top beginning where that patrol shack is. Maybe the best short bunny slope I have ever seen. Like Gore's current one but wider and a little longer.

Back