Gore Mountain Conditions

Confidence is everything when it comes to skiing. Just as a suggestion, I think you'd benefit from a lesson. If that's not possible for you then the next best thing is to follow someone who's
taking a lesson and listen if that’s allowed.
Go where&when conditions have nice snow. That’s why they call it Hero Snow.

Letitblow ❄️
Folks have been moving the rats around.
1703165683126.png

1703165930972.png

Confidence is everything when it comes to skiing. Just as a suggestion, I think you'd benefit from a lesson. If that's not possible for you then the next best thing is to follow someone who's making decent turns. Follow behind them, turn where they turn, and try to emulate their movements.
The other thing I would add to camp s excellent advice because you mentioned boots - if they do not fit properly you really can’t get much better than beginner and if you manage to you willl have bad habits.
If I would only spend money on one piece of equipment it would be buying boots from a master boot fitter. I went to Catskills from LI because I was not confident I could find a good one.
The guy I used got me in orthotics and best boot for my gate and skeletal structure from hip down.
My boots which are mid end maybe low high end probably have 100-150 days and ski just as well as day 1.
For early on boots they are often alter and more forgiving. But if they are not fit properly that can end up being no good.

The other thing I would add to camp s excellent advice because you mentioned boots - if they do not fit properly you really can’t get much better than beginner and if you manage to you willl have bad habits.
If I would only spend money on one piece of equipment it would be buying boots from a master boot fitter. I went to Catskills from LI because I was not confident I could find a good one.
The guy I used got me in orthotics and best boot for my gate and skeletal structure from hip down.
My boots which are mid end maybe low high end probably have 100-150 days and ski just as well as day 1.
For early on boots they are often alter and more forgiving. But if they are not fit properly that can end up being no good.
And the price increase of going to said bootfitter in my case was maybe 10-20 percent more. For those 50 dollars incremental got a lot of value. The orthotics, which he made, were more. Can’t remember the price because I think this is pre 2017. In which case it is over 150 days likely.

Fail Resorts Inc is doin a trial of their boot rental app.
They’re gonna get some data from their trial.
If ya can debug that ya gotta chance at the 1st to invent time traveling.

offer an opinion on the trails off the new Bear Cub Quad? Are they indeed easier than Pete's and Jamboree? And how is the snow cover there? Sadly, I really need some truly easy terrain.
The hardest part about that terrain is maintaining enough speed to keep moving. It is truly the easiest terrain on the mountain and there is plenty of snow. There is no damage to roads, infrastructure, or otherwise. The nearest construction zone speed camera to Gore is in Syracuse.

... let them rip.
Beginning skiing folks are most likely gonna fall.
Little kids are lucky cause they don’t have as far to go when they fall, got "rubbery bones” and are kinda fearless. Falling for seniors is opposite.
Learning to fall correctly & using padding and/or bulky clothes should reduce impacts of hits.

Back