Gore Mountain Conditions

I skied the new lift on Saturday. It will be quite a bit easier than the sunway chair. When you get off the lift head to the right. It’s pretty narrow on the left going around the lift. Make sure to look uphill before entering the trail, some skiers will be coming down with quite a bit of speed. Good luck

Tom

Looks like a ratnik now set up to blow ❄️ when the next window comes.
View attachment 21995
Don’t know if it’ll opener up before the solstice but could be before the New Year.
It’s colder up there.
And there they go.
1703005734676.png

Letitblow ❄️

Last edited:
Conditions and the lack of snow loss was shockingly surprising today, considering that we had over 3" of rain! There were a few hits here and there on Sleeping Bear, Tahawus, Pete's and Lower Sunway, but no complete washouts.
We got 1-2" of lake effect early on today and the mix of the well groomed FG and the fresh was a really nice surface.

Think positive young Jedi's, we will rise from this just like the Phoenix!:cool: ⛷️ (y)

I was there on Saturday and there were whales all over the mountain that they seem to have been able to push out last night/today. I am not terribly surprised by the resiliency there.

I was surprised they did not take a second day to evaluate (and repair?) the damage before reopening. Then again I would suspect the majority of riders would be local pass holders. Really not sure I would risk a 2 hour or longer trip to any mountain in the Northeast for a few more days.

Looks like they are blowing on Cloud and maybe Hawkeye.

Back