Gore Mountain Conditions

Conditions yesterday and today were really nice considering the rain. Well groomed and fast. No bumps anywhere :(
I did have fun. They are blowing the heck out of Chati, Cloud and Headwaters. Topridge was my favorite both mornings. Uncas was better today than yesterday and Pine Knot is ok...some rather large ice donuts. They will need to get Straightbrook pod open because there is a rather large slalom race they are planning on the lower part of Showcase according to race parents I rode up with. They were blowing on both Echo and Twister but they are not there yet.

Conditions yesterday and today were really nice considering the rain. Well groomed and fast. No bumps anywhere :(
I did have fun. They are blowing the heck out of Chati, Cloud and Headwaters. Topridge was my favorite both mornings. Uncas was better today than yesterday and Pine Knot is ok...some rather large ice donuts. They will need to get Straightbrook pod open because there is a rather large slalom race they are planning on the lower part of Showcase according to race parents I rode up with. They were blowing on both Echo and Twister but they are not there yet.
Are ice donuts the same as death cookies?

The race is a U16 U18 Slalom and it is going to be on lower Echo which is why they are blowing Twister, so the racers can access Echo via Twister's Little Sister. No word yet on whether Twister will be open to the public.

The race is a U16 U18 Slalom and it is going to be on lower Echo which is why they are blowing Twister, so the racers can access Echo via Twister's Little Sister. No word yet on whether Twister will be open to the public.
Cork - did you coach at Woods Valley?

1703277681809.png

Nice to see how well Gore has faired with the weather. Big shoutout to mountain ops for their preparation leading up to that storm.

1000004395.jpg

Insane whales on chati
1000004398.jpg

1000004404.jpg
1000004406.jpg

1000004391.jpg

I left our place around 7pm, it was snowing/sleeting at 1900 feet maybe an inch on the ground.

First rips up top could be good tomorrow.

Last edited:
Before I make a third trek to Gore can someone offer an opinion on the trails off the new Bear Cub Quad? Are they indeed easier than Pete's and Jamboree? And how is the snow cover there? Sadly, I really need some truly easy terrain.

So something is going on with the new quad. Looks perfect for you, but it is down.

Having checked it out yesterday, I believe Gore has some great steps for beginners:

Magic Carpet > Bear Cub > Sunway > Adk Express

ETA: looks like Bear Cub is spinning today.

Last edited:
Back