Gore Mountain Conditions

Nice view from the tippy top.
1678966049721.png

With the dang other stuff coming in Friday why are The Bowl’s trails saying closed today?
They must have more than enough snow.
Maybe saving it for Friday before the other stuff comes?

Last edited:
Gondola is on wind hold, which is out of their control. I was more annoyed at the other lifts being late, and the general unpreparedness for the number of people who showed up. Both of which are all too common at Gore.

Once Burnt Ridge opened there was another huge backup, but a powder run on Sagamore was all worth it.

View attachment 19097
The line at Burnt Ridge happened because they opened Twisted Sister before they opened the quad. They fixed the long line at AE2 by trapping us at the bottom of the BRQ. (I'm in that picture with my son and Armon.) They should have opened High Peaks early. That would have shortened the line at the base.They also could have minimized the AE2 line by opening Cedars to BRQ at the same time as the AE2, but the top was much better than Burnt Ridge yesterday.
They must have had a forecast of high winds, and heavier snow at lower elevations is always predictable, but for some reason they are never prepared to adjust lift operations for any of that.

mm

Last edited:
North wasn't open when I got to The Saddle, so I went down Twister and Twister Glades instead. The lift was open by the time I got to it, but no one was coming down Sagamore yet.

You got your wish with the gondola remaining closed all day, and it wasn't good. The line at opening was humungous, wind was brutal at The Saddle, and Wood In was terrible.

North wasn't open when I got to The Saddle, so I went down Twister and Twister Glades instead. The lift was open by the time I got to it, but no one was coming down Sagamore yet.

You got your wish with the gondola remaining closed all day, and it wasn't good. The line at opening was humungous, wind was brutal at The Saddle, and Wood In was terrible.
You're always gonna open with long lines after new snow. The longest line I waited on was at Burnt Ridge, but that was mostly because the lift was closed when we got there. That felt like a "fuck you" from ORDA. After that the lines were about what you expect on a good weekday, and way better than a weekend. Gore works fine without the gondola except at 830 when they need take away capacity.
You must have skied a different Wood in than me, It was fiine when I got there. Wood In is always the easiest route to High Peaks no matter what condition it's in.

mm

I guess Friday’s at Gore are the new weekend then.
Weekday only passes are good M-F, except holidays, but they're Monday’s nowadays.

wait for the new lodge!
If that lodge does get built, within a few years after that, there will be more snowmaking and parking at the bowl.

It won't be fast enough for sno, but I bet it happens.

Back